Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Complete newbie to the forum here. I am from LA, and spend a lot of my time camping in the backcountry, as well as prowling the desert. I do a lot of photography, and offroading lets me cover ground to get great shots in a way that backpacking etc cant.

I have been browsing this forum, and desert racing seems like an awesome extension to my other activities- great opportunities to get photos and get outside.

Do any of you kind folks have some links to help a newbie get started? I am gonna be purchasing a bronco soon (next week or so- as soon as I find a great one) and it is gonna be mainly for street driving around LA and then some racing around the deserts of Mojave and Joshua Tree, as well as carrying me to offroad adventures.

Cheers,

Ben

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here. Try this site. The list isn't completed yet, but there is already a ton of great info there.

Desertboard Links Page

You can register on the home page and ask around the forum there. Good luck. Hope you find the answers you're looking for.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Learn more?

Step 1 is strat going to desert races. What you will see is all kinds of people that are having fun. Observe and decide what you want your path to be. Racer, chacer, helper for the promoter or a race team, spectator, or what you can think of. Its all great fun,
Paul

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys!

I think I am gonna do some reading online (at those super helpful links) and maybe heading over to a race early May.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts