Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dead Horse
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i searched, but diddnt find this awnser. im thinking about going and picking up a aux tranny cooler, but how did anyone reroute the hardlines going into the radiator up to the new cooler? also how did you mount it

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Mine was simple because I converted from a manual to auto. Are you looking to add one to complement the stocker, or convert it to aftermarket only?

I mounted mine to the core support center brace in front of the radiator. I've never liked the zip ties that come w/tranny cooler kits....

·
Registered
554 Posts
I beat my stock cooler bracket flat and worked it to fit the B&M supercooler. I then ran the cooler rubber line that came with the cooler from the hard lines to the cooler. I had made new hard lines as I was installing a new AOD anyway but didnt have a long enough tube or the correct hardline with the correct fittings needed to go directly to the cooler and its fittings.

I by-passed the stock rad. cooler totaly. So it would be ind. from the rad. temps. I also added an aux in line filter, this in line filter was the largest reason I could not get the correct hardline and fittings as it too needed to use the rubber lines and fittings that came in the kit. I just made sure it would hold by adding several clamps on the nice and putting the hose preaty far up on the hard line.

·
Dead Horse
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Yak said:
Mine was simple because I converted from a manual to auto. Are you looking to add one to complement the stocker, or convert it to aftermarket only?

I mounted mine to the core support center brace in front of the radiator. I've never liked the zip ties that come w/tranny cooler kits....
id like to just run the aftermarket only

·
Dead Horse
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blksn955.o said:
I beat my stock cooler bracket flat and worked it to fit the B&M supercooler. I then ran the cooler rubber line that came with the cooler from the hard lines to the cooler. I had made new hard lines as I was installing a new AOD anyway but didnt have a long enough tube or the correct hardline with the correct fittings needed to go directly to the cooler and its fittings.

I by-passed the stock rad. cooler totaly. So it would be ind. from the rad. temps. I also added an aux in line filter, this in line filter was the largest reason I could not get the correct hardline and fittings as it too needed to use the rubber lines and fittings that came in the kit. I just made sure it would hold by adding several clamps on the nice and putting the hose preaty far up on the hard line.
thanks, that pretty much awnsered my questions, after my tranny doing that yesterday, im paranoid when driving it, cause all i can smell is burning tranny fluid from it leaking it all over the exhaust, so ill feel alittle better once i get some better cooling, then im going to do a inline filter, and electric gauge

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
It's only us Northerners

that need to run the in-rad trans cooling loop. I'm guessing you Carolinens never see snow or really cold temps, correct ?

Sixlitre

·
Dead Horse
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sixlitre said:
It's only us Northerners

that need to run the in-rad trans cooling loop. I'm guessing you Carolinens never see snow or really cold temps, correct ?

Sixlitre
yep havent seen snow in about 6 years
25-30 is prolly the coldest day of winter here
i didnt run it through the radiator
just the aftermarket cooler

1 - 8 of 8 Posts