Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

Went to the yard today to replace my leaking vent window and power point. The vent was simple enough, but I didn’t know how to remove or reinstall the pp. I think it involves removing the ash tray but I don’t know much else after that.

Also in case any of you are in the Washington area, Poulsbo Yankapart has 4-5 broncos including one bullnose. Sadly the floor is roached or I would have taken it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0 mostly stock
1,913 Posts
That chrome trim on that tan bronco is valuable, they don’t make it in aftermarket.

Also I wouldn’t kill somebody, but I’d rough them up pretty good for those fenders. All the ones here that age are rotted behind the wheels.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
2,741 Posts
If you can pull that trim…… do it!! I don’t need it but it hurts to see it there!!

Reactions: 92broncoboy

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0 mostly stock
1,913 Posts
If you can pull that trim…… do it!! I don’t need it but it hurts to see it there!!
Especially that piece here…it’s bronco specific, you can get the other pieces off of trucks but this one is shorter and really hard to find.

·
Premium Member
96 5.8, 4.10 gears with truetrac 4 inch lift, 15x10 with 35s, 50 series flow master, 3 inch catback.
75 Posts
Hey guys.

Went to the yard today to replace my leaking vent window and power point. The vent was simple enough, but I didn’t know how to remove or reinstall the pp. I think it involves removing the ash tray but I don’t know much else after that.

Also in case any of you are in the Washington area, Poulsbo Yankapart has 4-5 broncos including one bullnose. Sadly the floor is roached or I would have taken it.

Not sure what year your ride is but for my 96 that power point can be accessed by using a plastic clip remover in the larger area surrounding the power point. Once you pop it out you will see that the receptacle is held in by a large nut. Remove that and the actual receptacle can be removed along with the attached wires. Clip the wires and splice in your new junk yard find receptacle. I trust that is the question you had about the power point.

·
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
18,105 Posts
Ugh i would kill for that trim in my JY. Pull both top and bottom. Without damaging it! Its worth hundreds of dollars.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
2,741 Posts
Not sure what year your ride is but for my 96 that power point can be accessed by using a plastic clip remover in the larger area surrounding the power point. Once you pop it out you will see that the receptacle is held in by a large nut. Remove that and the actual receptacle can be removed along with the attached wires. Clip the wires and splice in your new junk yard find receptacle. I trust that is the question you had about the power point.
Ohh sure! Stay on topic will ya! 😂 glad someone knew how to take it out, I had no idea what or where it was.

·
Super Moderator
30,909 Posts
Yo Bannister,
As Red advised.
Section 01-12: Instrument Panel and Console
1996 F-150, F-250, F-350, F-Super Duty and Bronco Workshop Manual​
DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING
Inspection and Verification
  1. Verify the customer concern by operating the cigar lighter and/or power point.

1. Visually inspect the components of the cigar lighter and/or power point system.

VISUAL INSPECTION CHART
    Mechanical​
    Electrical​
    • Damaged retaining fingers
    • Blown fuse:
      • 15A (cigar lighter)
      • 25A (power point)
    • Damaged wiring harness
    • Loose or corroded connections
    • Damaged element

1. Check the wiring harness for obvious signs of shorts, opens, bad connections, or damage.

1. If fault is not visually evident, determine the symptom and proceed to the following symptom charts.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Font Parallel Rectangle

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I’m ordering a usb socket from one of our guys on the forum here. My socket has gotten so worn out over the years and needed replacement.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
I wish that white 5th gen was sitting in my local junkyard.
My local yard only has one Bronco. It's a bullnose with a rust bucket body and the interior is completely gutted.

·
Registered
1995 EB 351w E4OD BW1356 Warn Locking Hubs
8 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. I’m ordering a usb socket from one of our guys on the forum here. My socket has gotten so worn out over the years and needed replacement.

Hey guys.

Wow that's awesome. You don't know what they charge for a topper up there in Poulsbo?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow that's awesome. You don't know what they charge for a topper up there in Poulsbo?
I just called, they’ll charge $150 for a 5th gen hard top.
Also, I’m assuming you’re in Tacoma. Please let me know if you find any hookups in the Tacoma area JYs. I’m looking for a good quality driver side vent window. 5th gen.
Shit, I’d give any bronco a look regarding what’s left of it.

·
Registered
1995 EB 351w E4OD BW1356 Warn Locking Hubs
8 Posts
Also, I’m assuming you’re in Tacoma. Please let me know if you find any hookups in the Tacoma area JYs. I’m looking for a good quality driver side vent window. 5th gen.

Thanks for your help man. I will look out for you but down here in the junkyard a bronco is hard to find. I was surprised to see so many up in poulsbo.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for your help man. I will look out for you but down here in the junkyard a bronco is hard to find. I was surprised to see so many up in poulsbo.
It’s not new for them either. They always have at least one bronco surprisingly. I thought about venturing out to Tacoma since I live closer to there but I always have good luck at yankapart.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts

The vent windows are the same one the F-Series as the Bronco.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts