Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be diving into the ebay world for the first time and was wondering what is the best way for a private person (non business) to ship heavy stuff like Axles, ect. I know there has to be companies that offer this kind of service so the little man can move stuff around as well. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanx. NORM

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
i have heard a mix of things, but never got a straight good answer.

some say that ups can ship really big things, but not to your house. never got a good answer from ups

have heard of some people sending engines on greyhound buses cross country for cheap money, never looked into it.

and then there is truck freight, which can be difficult, and you may need differnt carriers. there is yellow, land air express, so many out there, but the problem is, you either have to drive really far, or you need a local truck to pick up, and drive to the larger truck terminal and swap out, so you may be using more than carrier. it can get confusing. search your local carriers and see what they cover, ask them how the ship
and to package. sometimes its better not to ship like that becasue it can be such a hasslte. if its an engine, it needs to be in a crate, an axle is larger than a normal pallet, so you need to build a new one, unless you are 100% sure to make a good profit i would suggest to stay away from big freight, say must pick up, or set up a thing where you will deleiver up to so many miles for extra $$

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
UPS and Fedex can ship to a business, up to 150lbs. Forwardair is an option, but not everyone is near a forwardair terminal. I checked into greyhound, for shipping things... same shipping rules as fedex and ups - up to 150lbs (IIRC) I truck ship my heavier items, thru a local forwarding freight company. I believe ebay may also be willing to help wiht shipping... I'm not sure, but it might be worht checking into

·
gone fish'n
23,563 Posts
BlueBronco said:
Don't ship anything by fukUPS. They'd loose there own ass if it weren't attached.

thats the truth.

they lost a 71 lb box which was like 15x15x15 inches. had my brand new brake hub, rotor, bearings seals, stud, caliper and pads in it. How the fawk you loose something like that????

·
Registered
56 Posts
Heard this once.....

U...Ur
P...Package
S...Smashed

made me giggle. BTW I have never had an issue with UPS that they didn't make right. Never said that they haven't lost anything, but they did take whatever responsibility they had.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
I use FedEx, they will ship anything.
150lbs max for ground, will ship more express. so it will cost $$$$$
A whole axle of engine would need a local freight company, or make them pick it up.
The term "buyer responsible for all shipping costs" means a lot

1 - 15 of 15 Posts