Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we had an old bronco that we took apart and now just use parts off of it and it had an old 351M block that was no good. the transmission and transfer case were both in good shape i believe. anyways, we was wanting to try to sell it and we just wanted to know how to tell what kind it is. It came off a '78bronco with the round lights and also how much is one of them worth?:popc1:
thanks a bunch
justin

·
Registered
647 Posts
search back in this forum a little bit tons of different people have asked that same transfer case question

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok 2 more questions....how much is one worth and i think mine is the 205 because it only have 4wd low, n, 2wd hi, and 4wd hi and which one is the better transfer case? i'm thinking 203 becuase it has more selection of what you want
thanks for the help
justin

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
they're both good Tcases, but the 205 is preferred, because it's an all-gear case, whereas the 203, is chain-driven. As anyone knows, most anything with a chain, will stretch over time. This was my case, with my first Bronco. Chain stretched, and stripped the sprockets in the case. I swapped in the 205. The 203, physically, is twice as big, and twice as heavy, as the 205 is

with yours being the 205, you can get more for it, but that's really going to depend on what it's worth to the person wanting to buy it. Most of those sell for 150-250 bucks. At the higher end if there are no leaks at all, the shifting it tight, and the linkage is included

1 - 6 of 6 Posts