Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard of using the fuse box, but I have no idea how to do it...none of my wires have power and I can't figure out why, so I was thinking of wiring it through the fuse box. I can't find the fuse box diagram in my haynes manual, so if you could be very specific I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
How are you checking for power? If you are useing a test light maker sure your ground is good first. Then make sure the key is in the acc or on position before you check for power. It should be a red or yellow wire that is bringing the power to the stereo. If for some odd reason you have to use the fuse panel to wire it in just use the test light to find a key on only power source and tap in there. Was just under the dash of my truck yesterday and some dumbass tried to tap into the brake light switch for power. It only has power when you hit the brakes. :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How are you checking for power? Was just under the dash of my truck yesterday and some dumbass tried to tap into the brake light switch for power. :D
lol at the brake light....I made sure the car was on before I did any tests....Im just kinda confused how to do it....so if I find one that has a key on only power source for the power, what would I use for the memory? Would I just run another wire from the battery with another inline fuse? And what would be a recommended fuse wattage? 20? 40? No clue, but I'm definitly trying to figure out why I'm not getting power there first. I lost my cover for my fuse cover so I have no idea which fuse spot could be gone....the po ripped the stereo out and I had to just tap in my ipod to the front speakers for some music...lol

·
Registered
710 Posts
WHATEVER YOU DO... DO NOT LET THE SMOKE OUT OF THE WIRES!!!!

the smoke is what makes them work :toothless

·
Registered
89 Posts
You can look for a constant on 12v source in the fuse box for the clock. You just have to identify which wire needs the constant 12v source and which needs the key on 12v source. I would try to fix the original wiring before you try to wire something in yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts