Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Retired
16,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know in the future of my build I plan to dove tail my F150. My question is how hard would you state be on you on the road? Here we can have open wheeled Dune Buggies on the road and I really don't think I would have a problem specially with the rear of the truck. I know alot of other states are harder on rigs than here and lets face it I travel to other states to off road. I stole picks from others Super Motors site for example just because it makes the thread more interesting.:toothless

Brian's HD78Bronco (love his rig one of my favorites)

OX1's

BrokeCuzWheelin

·
Registered
897 Posts
Cut up a set of trailer fenders, and make a removable mounting bracket for them. What can they say??? Taillights to close together??? You ever seen the rear of the late model Buick Reveara????

·
Retired
16,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like I said I am not worried about here. I see truck running around here dove tailed a good bit. but if I go to say TN,NC or SC to wheel what are they going to do to me?

I was just wondering what states are the worst. Ga allows open wheeled dune buggies as long as the have head lights,tail lights, blinkers. windshield. and registered.:thumbup

·
Registered
897 Posts
I was thinking something like the front of this.....

But on the rear of corse... :D

·
yes
1,769 Posts
In NC nothing says that you have to have fenders, but oddly it does say that you must have the rear axle covered, i.e. no running a pick up without a bed.
IL don't care about the bed...I have a friend who hasn't had a bed on his truck for more than a year...not a problem yet...but hes gotten tickets for just about everything else...

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
I use to see people do that here all the time but not so much any more.
IL don't care about the bed...I have a friend who hasn't had a bed on his truck for more than a year...not a problem yet...but hes gotten tickets for just about everything else...
Yeah, it does seem ridiculous. I have also seen this law ignored many, many times. I was doing some research one time about the legality of beadlocks in NC and I ended up reading the entire NC motor vehicle code, which is not really that long. I was really surprised by that law too, but it's definitely on the books. I was also pleasantly surprised to see that there are no laws at all concerning your tires not exceeding the width of the wheel wells here, which I suppose is good for a dove tailing project.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
:stupid

Make a set of hideously ugly removable fenders like Petersons 4 Wheel & Off-Road did for their Tacoma project...
we have a part of those fenders hanging in the shop. a tree at the cliffs removed it during the UA, course my buddy tome drove the thing all of 20' and smashed into one tree and flopped it in on its side to move up the line of rigs.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
mines legal as well however I do need some sort of mud flap since certain parts of town the cops are anal. I have been known to drive it as is however.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts