Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!

Just thought I would introduce myself here as well as in the inroductions section. I look forward to getting to know Bronco fanatics in my area and perhaps meeting more at meet and greets. Y'all come by and visit sometime.

Question.... Anyone near Savannah, GA know where I can find a tailgate in dark blue that is not busted up or rusted? And where would I go to find a new headliner and get my drivers seat recovered?

GIG 'EM AGGIES!

BroncoCop

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Welcome Not sure bout a tailgate, but I do know Jim Westcot lives in or near Savannah. He has an 87 on 1 tons. If ya ever see him around stop him and talk to him, hes a good guy!

Jeff

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Yo, BroncoCop.....from your user name, dare we assume you are somehow connected to the constabulary?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The forgotten officers

GHOSTRIDER said:
Yo, BroncoCop.....from your user name, dare we assume you are somehow connected to the constabulary?

Howdy!

I will try to keep this reply short and to the point, however, I do tend to go off on a tangent every now and then.

First and foremost I do consider myself a Cop, however, I am one of the many "forgotten officers".

The forgotten officers often do not get acknowledgement from the street cops due to the fact that we are not out there arresting the undesirables. No, we are the ones who walk the most dangerous beat, and litteraly put our lives on the line every time we set foot in our place of work.

How many street cops would imagine showing up for work armed with nothing but their wits and thier hands, only to have to patrol an area that is overrun with the most brutal and heinous people their community could produce? Yet I, and my fellow brothers and sisters, do it every day.

If you have not guessed, I am a Correctional Officer. So in answer to your question, it would depend on your point of view. Are Correctional Officers part of the constabulary? I think so.

All I ask for is a little understanding of my tirade here. I am not attempting to be sarcastic, rude, crude, or otherwise socialy unacceptable. So many of the local officers in this rural little county think of us as nothing, no where close to their level. But the sad truth is that I have to look after the ones that they deemed too dangerous to society to be on the streets, the ones that the police do not want to deal with, so they turn to me and the other dedicated officers whom share my occupation.

I am a Corrections Officer and proud of it. Sorry to have bothered your question with such a lengthy reply.

GIG 'EM AGGIES!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you very much for the support. It is comments like that that keep me comming to work every day. That and knowing that my wife and children depend on me for financial support and they depend on me to keep them safe at night while they are asleep in their beds, and bad-guys are not on the streets.

Thank you again, mucho respect back at you!!

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
BroncoCop said:
I am one of the many "forgotten officers".

My father was a cop for 50 years....let me assure you there are no "forgotten cops"...all are a team, with different jobs, all are cops.....

·
Registered
926 Posts
hey hey... welcome!

About the headliner... that is something you can do yourself without a lot of money and time. You can get the fabric and adhesive at a good fabric store.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts