Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

The name's Dusty... I'm the proud "new" owner of a '84 Bronco FS XLT... Let me tell you the story of how I came by her. In early March, I arrived back stateside from a long 6 years in Germany (Spent roughly half my time there, and the other half in the sandbox, 'cause I'm Active Army, you see). I've always been Die-Hard Ford (no comments, please, I'm sick and tired of hearing about how I'm "Stupid" for loving the Blue Oval), but I figured I'd talk a walk on the Dark side, so in the first couple days that I was here, I bought a 1998 Durango SLT... That day is when the problems started... It was a money pit, which was a good and a bad thing... See, I'm a tinkerer, I was practically born with a wrench in one hand, a screwdriver in the other, and a cup of coffee on my belly... The good thing about that was, I was willing to sink my teeth into the "project" as it turned out to be, the bad thing was I was lacking on money and Time, so last month, while cruising around a junkyard (it's a great passing of time, "one man's trash is another's treasure, right?) and I happened on a Bronco... Needless to say, my love for the blue oval was re-ignited, and so it came to pass that I brought the 'Rango to said scrapyard, and proceeded to search on craigslist... I seen the ad "1986 F150 and 1984 Bronco for $1500" so I call, well... next day I go out, and there she was... She didn't look like much, the ol' boy I bought her from used her as a mud toy... She had been spray painted black, from bumper to bumper (bumpers included), the front main leaked like a civ, she wouldn't run worth a damn unless they cranked, held the pedal to the floor and beat on her... So, after talking into $500 and my 20ga Mosberg, we trailered her home... That's when the fun started... yanked the 351 and proceeded to do a bottom up rebuild... I've got pictures of her on my facebook, not quite sure how to do pics or vids here, yet... Anyway, I'm rambling... FORD (First On Race Day) BABY!

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Welcome to FSB. You will find a lot of helpful info here. The search function is your best friend.

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
welcome to FSB, glad your hea and sticking with the blue oval. can't wait to see it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts