Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to go to 4" up from 2.5" so I can stuff some 33s on Weld 17x10s that I have had lying around for a while. I thought you guys would get a kick out of this-

This will be my 4" lift-

Rough Country 2.5" Springs
Daystar 2" spacers
Skyjacker 4" I beam/radius arm drop brackets
Pro Comp rear Add a leafs
Rough country rear 2" blocks
Pro Comp ES3000 shocks
Skyjacker pitman arm

Pretty sad, huh?

Since I had everything but the brackets, I just found a guy that put in a new kit and had almost brand new drop brackets available. $25 shipped! I have to buy hardware, and it will be pricey, but it will be worth it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
hell ya!!thats thw way you do it!!!

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
Its better than some of the configurations I've seen :toothless

·
FJ80 Expedition Rig
1,461 Posts
I never knew until I really looked through the for sale section on here how much cheaper you could get a lift kit by just piecing it together.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the wheels-

This was a pic of the 'test fit' when I realized the wheels were too wide for the 32s I was having installed and it just looked wrong on the truck! Yuck! That's when I went to 17x8s to bring the 10s out at a later time.

I am dead set on Terra Grappler 295/70/17s (33x12.50R17) when I get the 4" on. I think the 285/70 that BFG and others make is still a little too short (32.7" or so) and a little to narrow for these wheels.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By the way, anyone looking for a real nice set of 17x8" American Racing Diamond Backs (0" offset) with almost brand new Cooper Discoverer 265/70R17s when I am ready?

This is with 2.5" lift, but I am sure they would fit a stock truck. They measure just a little over 31"- like 31.35 or something.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya, lucky before I sprang for the 2.5" kit, I was trying to get my fukkin truck in alignment with the Daystar spacers only. So, good news, I have some big ass cams in there and a lifetime alignment ready to take on the extra .5"!

Plus you have to think of the gravity and the effects of a (slightly) overweight owner. 4.5" + settling + me = 4". :D

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
dale gribble said:
Plus you have to think of the gravity and the effects of a (slightly) overweight owner. 4.5" + settling + me = 4". :D
I hear ya! I need to warranty my left front leaf! :cry

Poor thing just couldn't handle my man-lee-ness! :histerica

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Only 33's with 4 inches of lift?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
ToddACimer said:
Only 33's with 4 inches of lift?
That's what I'm wondering? :confused:

·
Registered
303 Posts
I was thinking the same as eaveryone else y just 33's go 35's they look better with 4 inch suspension lift at least I think...I got 33's on mine and now i want 35's and 4 inch lift and 2 inch body lift.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't want 35s, because I am towing at near max capacity with the 1/2 ton truck as is... This isn't all for looks y know! :)

I don't want the extra resistance, extra weight or extra cost that a 35 would give me, and I would want to regear with 35s. I am comfortable with 33s and 3.55s with the Auto, but that's it. 35s and I will be living out of OD when I am towing and I don't want to do that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts