Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a 351m with edelbrock intake holly 650 carb and a edelbrock mild cam i dont know how much hp or tourqe it has anyone got a good ballpark guess.. jus wonderin:rofl:

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
1000hp
2000 ft lbs

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Search noobie.

There's a thread at the top of this forum that says "Engine specifications".

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks alot YALL BEEN A GREAT HELP.. didnt know i had that much power.. haha yall think in stupid.. we if ya aint got nothin good to say keep ya mouth shut..

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
hey i have a 351m with edelbrock intake holly 650 carb and a edelbrock mild cam i dont know how much hp or tourqe it has anyone got a good ballpark guess.. jus wonderin:rofl:
well shit, if you were any more vague on your information...

thanks alot YALL BEEN A GREAT HELP.. didnt know i had that much power.. haha yall think in stupid.. we if ya aint got nothin good to say keep ya mouth shut..

:twak

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Blu Goose 78 said:
haha yall think in stupid..
case in point...

·
Registered
170 Posts
250hp is no problem at all with a 4 barrel carb , edlebrock intake , headers and a decent exhaust and a melling or speed pro torque cam or the edlebrock performer cam.

As long as you do something with the distributor . The numbers most books quote are artificially low because of the horrible timing curve ford puts in the distributor. They don't get enough advance to run up to their potential

If you watch the power ratings drop as the 70's went on its all caused by Ford retarding the cams at the timing gear, stiffening springs in the distributor advance and leaning the jets in the carb to comply with the emissions requirements that were being phased in.

Underneath all the bullshit is basically the same engine as the 1971 400 2barrel that was rated 260hp and 400 ft. lbs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts