Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and didn't come up with anything. I just ordered a few switches from these folks online (winch and rear locker), site was easy to use, prices were good and you can use paypal! :rockon

Has anyone ever bought any switches from them? Whats the quality like?

I'll post some pics when I get them

·
Registered
536 Posts
I got two DPDT on/off/on (RS43P) switches from the awhile back. One for fans up-100% on middle-auto and down -off. I couldn't figure them out for the life of me. I could only get the switch to turn them on or off not both. They are 6 pin but there are 3 sets of 2 pins. They would work if you wanted up and down to be the same but I figured the idea behind the DPDT was to have it do different things. I also got one for lights but after I couldn't get the fans one to work I gave up and had my brother look at them who is an engineer for the Air Force. He showed them to an electrical engineer who also couldn't figure out how these are supposed to work. The only thing I can figure is that they sent me the wrong type of switch.

I ended up trashing them and getting some radio shack swithes

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
I ordered 3 last fall, not exactly happy.

the plan was to add switches to the rear cargo area for:
dome light / pwr locks / rear window

1) They mixed up covers, so I had to move them to the correct switch style.
2) I haven't even installed them yet and I notice 1 cover is cracked in half.

Those are bad copies of the Carling Contura switches.
The real Carling Contura are GREAT, had them in all the ambulances / fire turcks (back when I ws healthy)

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
To get the on-off-on switches to work with different sources, you need to use the switch to run two different relays, then use the output of the relays to power whatever you're powering. It's not that hard to do the on-off-auto thing for the fan without any extra relays, though, especially if you are doing the two "on" positions with always-on power (or both with key-switched power). It's when you want the "on" to be with key-switched (so you don't run the battery down accidentally) and the auto to be on always-on (so it'll cool after you park) that you have to add a relay.

They're usable, they're just DPDT switches. They do feel a little lightly built.

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like the jeep guys have had problems with them as well, very cheaply built.

Maybe we can post some links to options here. I liked the idea of them being labeled.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I knew they were too good to be true. I was thinking about buying some soon. Glad i saw this thread

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
You guys that received crappy switches are the lucky ones. I ordered some switches a month ago and haven't received anything but excuses from them yet.

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
played with these switches in my friend's jeep yesterday and today
craptastic they are
the top and bottom half don't latch together too great and i pulled two of them apart trying to take the spade terminals off the back they are then a PITA to put back together
the lower portion on one was broken
one kept blowing the fuse for the switch even after i reassembled it to make sure it was put together right
they look good but that's about it
i'll be salvaging switches from scrapped ambulances instead of ordering these

·
Registered
607 Posts
Let me know how they work installed... I am interested in getting them but I already installed some switches so some work is involved, I want to know if its worth it.
D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts