Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay same 96 bronco with auto hubs.. my cam is stuck to my spindle, and i need to replace my rotor. the other side came wright off with a pick this side is stuck and wont come out. any ideasto getting this out? thought about a gear puller but i dont know if i can get it to fit inside the hub.

hopefully i can get this back together before next weekend i have a big fishing trip planned..

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,061 Posts
Are you talking about part no 20 in this picture?

Been a while since I've been into the 3 bolts so I'm not even certain as to what it looks like. But from my memory, everything usually comes apart fairly easy, including the spindal nut.

Can you post a picture of the part from the other side if it's still apart? I'm sure I have one of these pieces in my garage, I just got to locate it and see what it is.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah thats it... i got mine off i had to cut the hub off with a sawzall to chisel it off.. now i need a new hub and cam.. hopefully i can find one easy/quick enough

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,061 Posts
You'll be better off getting rid of those garbage hubs and getting set up with a set of manuals. You'll need a conversion kit also.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i always hear how they are better.. but i like to not have to worry about locking in and out.. and my wife drives he bronco in bad weather and i dont like the idea of her having to get in and out to lock and unlock the hubs.. or she may forget to unlock them

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,061 Posts
i always hear how they are better.. but i like to not have to worry about locking in and out..
But see that's the problem with the auto hubs...........

·
Registered
255 Posts
if you don,t have posi in front and your transfer is in 2 wheel you can leave your hubs locked in like auto in bad weather it won,t hurt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts