Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some hub centric rings for my bronco, but I can't seem to find anyone that sells them. It's a 95 bronco. If anyone has any and can tell me where they got them, or if anyone knows a good place to get some. I would really appreciate the help.

Thankd in advance :thumbup

·
Registered
339 Posts
if you have hub centric hubs and or rims im sure they do ...is there a taper on youre lug nuts ...yes then thats youre hub centric...

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Yes it's all based on the wheel design, has nothing to do with axle design other than making sure you get the right size to fit over the hub center.

·
Registered
396 Posts
They are fun when they seize to the hub and you can't remove the tire without a sledge hammer. Been there done that you can have them.Standard issue on 1987 Mercur XR4TI and my 2001 Expedition. Along with many others I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Yes it's all based on the wheel design, has nothing to do with axle design other than making sure you get the right size to fit over the hub center.
WRONG.

to be hub centric (not lug centric) the hub must have a machined boss for the wheel of ring to sit on. s if your hubs are all old and rusty then you can't run a hub centric wheel.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is the reason I ask. The truck came with 35's on it. I was replacing the brakes last weekend, and took the wheels off for the first time and noticed that they weren't hub centric. They seemed to be putting most of the stress on the lugs. I noticed there was just way to much space between the wheel and the hub when the wheel was on. My buddy said I should get some new wheels or hub centric rings. I had never heard of them before. Do you guys think this will fix the problem? I also noticed that the previous owner had put some really crappy wheel spacers on there as well. I know ultimately, I need to get hew wheels, But that's not an option at the moment. I don't want to spend that much. I figured the rings and some good spacers with extended studs might be an easy fix for the time being. Think this is a good idea?All the help form you guys is much appreciated =)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whats the problem?
The problem is that the wheels are putting to much stress on the lugs because they are not hub centric. This is what I was told, and from looking it, it makes total sense, I think, lol. This is all kind of new to me.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
The problem is that the wheels are putting to much stress on the lugs because they are not hub centric. This is what I was told, and from looking it, it makes total sense, I think, lol. This is all kind of new to me.
I don't think any aftermarket wheels I have ever owned where hub centric, they where all Lug Centric.

What symptoms are you getting from these over stressed lug studs?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think any aftermarket wheels I have ever owned where hub centric, they where all Lug Centric.

What symptoms are you getting from these over stressed lug studs?
HMMM, Maybe I don't need them then. I was just told that it was not good for the lugs. As for the lugs being stressed, they haven't shown any signs. Do you think I should just leave them the way they are? Noob question. How do you know if they wheels are lug centric? I know that's kind of a dumb question, but I don't know the answer.

·
Registered
396 Posts
HMMM, Maybe I don't need them then. I was just told that it was not good for the lugs. As for the lugs being stressed, they haven't shown any signs. Do you think I should just leave them the way they are? Noob question. How do you know if they wheels are lug centric? I know that's kind of a dumb question, but I don't know the answer.
If the lug nuts are tapered, like most factory Broncos would be. Then the wheel is lug centric. If the lugs are flat bottomed, usually with a built in washer (and cost $6 each) then the wheel is most likely hub centric. And if they are on your Bronco they are the wrong ones. Looks as if the rims are steel most hub centric I've ever seen were alloys.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lug centric wheels have lug nuts that are coned on the wheel side and have a dish where the lug nut goes on the wheel. This is what centers the wheel.
Ok, Understood. This would still be putting more stress on the lugs though, right? Wouldn't it make sense to have the rings on there to distribute the stress 50 50 so it's not 100% on the lugs? That is essentially what the rings do. I think.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts