Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do i need hub centric spacers for my 94 xlt w 6" rough country and 35s? How can you tell if a spacer is hub centric?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Do i need hub centric spacers for my 94 xlt w 6" rough country and 35s? How can you tell if a spacer is hub centric?
What are you doing and why? Wheel/tire rubbing? Hub centric is just like it sounds, a wheel (or spacer in your scenario) that centers itself via the hub, as opposed to lug centric (centers via lug studs/nuts). Centering on hub is more precise and preferred method.

I am not a fan of wheel spacers, fwiw.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i dont wanna run spacers but my wheels have minimal backspacing and my 35x12.5s rub up front. Thx for the response. Can i tell by looking at a spacer if its hub centric? Sorry if this is a dumb question

·
Registered
446 Posts
The center bore of the spacer would be near the same size as the hub o.d. that it is going on.

I dunno if they even make a hub-centric spacer for Broncos, never looked.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ford never used a hub centric wheel on the Bronco, so I doubt the aftermarket would manufacture one. If you decide to run spacers make sure to use blue locktite on the lug nuts that hold the spacer on.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks guys. I dont really want to run them but I dont want to spend money on new wheels and theres a set of inexpensive unopened spacers for sale on craigslist. My tires rub pretty decent and I can turn worth sh*t.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just remember to keep a close eye on the bearings and ball joints. Spacing the tires out will increase scrub radius and accelerate wear on the front end. Its not going to fall apart tomorrow, but any part that is marginal may wear quicker than it would have.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Yea, if the hub is not set up for "hub centric" you can't put one on. Or at least it won't work proper. I wouldn't worry about the bearings. Wider wheels does exactly the same thing as spacers. I'm running 14" wide wheels. Never had much trouble with bearings. Ball joints on the other hand last about 2-3 years.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys. I decided not to get spacers at the moment. I've spent waaay too much money on this thing in the first week I've owned it. I need to stop, but there are so many parts out there (new used and aftermarket) its hard haha.

Helirich are those 35x14s? your truck looks nice. I want my stance to be similar. My 35x12.5s are tucked inside the fender. It looks weird and turns like crap.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Just get a set of used 15x10 wheels. I saw a set of Outlaw-II's for sale on Craigslist a couple months back for $100.00
For every 2" wider wheel, works out to the same as 1" spacer. In my case, 14" wide wheels are 6" wider than stock (I think) , move the tire out 3" from the rad arms.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts