Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy was driving my Bronco when all of a sudden the hub decides to shear apart, shooting the hearings, warn hub, etc to the side of the road. It looks like just the caliper is keeping the wheel on. What could cause this? I haven't been able to really investigate this, the wind chill is well below zero right not. I did install the warn hubs last year; they were working great; he was in 2wd (I assume/hope at least) on the highway when it happened.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
nice job

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
A buddy was driving my Bronco when all of a sudden the hub decides to shear apart, shooting the hearings, warn hub, etc to the side of the road. It looks like just the caliper is keeping the wheel on. What could cause this? I haven't been able to really investigate this, the wind chill is well below zero right not. I did install the warn hubs last year; they were working great; he was in 2wd (I assume/hope at least) on the highway when it happened.

If I had to guess, I would say that is is dry as a bone :doh0715:
I saw the the title of the thread, saw your name and thought:doh0715: oh no, not again.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
I've only destroyed the inner wheel bearings. When I stopped the hub was glowing red hot

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Yeah, those bearings do need grease ya know, contrary to popular belief.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Bullshit, I heard you can just drive around like that if you get out and spray WD40 in it every 10 miles.

:histerica

Excellent work.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Bullshit, I heard you can just drive around like that if you get out and spray WD40 in it every 10 miles.

See what I mean with the contrary part?

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
:toothless

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
When he replaces the hub

be sure to grease the inner spindle bearings (not the inner wheel bearings) on the other side of the hubs (need a puller to get to em').

And spend the extra dollar and use synthetic grease.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
If I could say shitballs to the Principal, I'd be so happy.

·
Registered
99 Posts

:histerica

Excellent work.
I call you...I know for a fact it is 5 miles...read the back of the can!:rofl:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts