Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from the car wash and noticed an odd clunking noise. so i went and checked and felt the passenger side hub (where the dial is housed) is loose. i tried to tighten the allen screws but i didnt get more than a 1/8 turn outta them. also theres no grease coming from the hub

so i brought it into my garage and jacked it up. checked for any play in the wheel bearings and everything is tight. also no movement in the hub when i checked the wheel bearings. also checked it with the hub locked and still no difference.

i also noticed that when i grab the hub and move it the allen screws move with it also, doesnt seem like the screws are loose.

im at a loss here, anything else i should check? before the hub self destructs and/or my wheel falls off? truck drives straight (straight enough for a TTB) and rides ok.

the drivers side is tight and noise free. perhaps im worrying bout nothing but odd clunking noises dont sit to well with me :duh

·
Registered
194 Posts
Mine used to do that on the passenger side too, but it stopped when I put on my Warn Premiums. Don't know if that helps or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts