Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,
I need some help installing my stock auto locking hubs on my 89 bronco. I just can't get them back in! can I drive it to a nearby shop without installing the auto locking hub and let them do it for if I only put the cap back on?
thnks for the help!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
As far as I know, you will be fine driving the truck to the shop without the hubs in, but you should probably cover up the hub area with something so dirt and stuff doesn't get in there. By the way, if you use 4 wheel drive much, I wouldn't recommend putting the auto hubs back in, I'd go with some manuals.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Doesn't your manual have a blow up of the hubs? If not, check out steve83's site. Is the other side still assembled? If so see how that side is assembled.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Wow even your auto hubs are telling you not to run them on your bronco:thumbup

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
81Bronk36 said:
Wow even your auto hubs are telling you not to run them on your bronco:thumbup

Ha ha ha :histerica :histerica :histerica

That's great 81 !

oferbatat

Try having someone lever the outer Ujoint towards the inside and then outside of the wheel.

That usually gives you enough play to get the clips back on the spline....not that I have autohubs....not that there's anything wrong with having autohubs..... I'VE SAID TOO MUCH, I GO NOW !

Sixlitre

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Sixlitre said:
Try having someone lever the outer Ujoint towards the inside and then outside of the wheel.

That usually gives you enough play to get the clips back on the spline....not that I have autohubs....not that there's anything wrong with having autohubs..... I'VE SAID TOO MUCH, I GO NOW !

Sixlitre
Your busted SIX.... your a manual lockout poser

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
81Bronk36 said:
Your busted SIX.... your a manual lockout poser
Nooooo Really I do have and love my MileMarkers !

Wait a minute ! I don't have to fess nuthin' ! I owns me aan 86 and they never come with them autohubs to jam up anyways !!!!!!!!!

Sixlitre

·
Registered
912 Posts
Grab the axle shaft at the Ujoint and shove it toward the pumpkin. That .3" is what interferes.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
topfisherman said:
As far as I know, you will be fine driving the truck to the shop without the hubs in, but you should probably cover up the hub area with something so dirt and stuff doesn't get in there. By the way, if you use 4 wheel drive much, I wouldn't recommend putting the auto hubs back in, I'd go with some manuals.
Bump that...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts