Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a hub socket to fit the front d44 with manual hubs

only one i can find is this: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/OTC-7270A/Application/?query=Year|1990|Make|FORD&prefilter=1

and it says for auto hubs, i imagine it would still work... but want some clarification since it is a 30 dollar socket that no new vehicles use, so i wont be using it at the dealership

anybody know if this will work or have the part number for one that will? not trying to buy snap-on quality, like i said, i wont be using it often

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
That should work...I believe JBG also has them, and I know the local chain stores have them in their tool sections. That said...why not just use a strategically placed flat blade or piece of brass and a big hammer????

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That should work...I believe JBG also has them, and I know the local chain stores have them in their tool sections. That said...why not just use a strategically placed flat blade or piece of brass and a big hammer????
Thanks man. Tryin to move away from the ******* mechanic into technician field.

·
Registered
391 Posts
i have a couple different ones. the one i like using the most is one I got at oreilleys. it has a ring that goes around the outside edge of the socket and it really does a good job of keeping the 4 teeth in good. sometimes those spindle nuts can really be on there.

·
Registered
457 Posts
i have a couple different ones. the one i like using the most is one I got at oreilleys. it has a ring that goes around the outside edge of the socket and it really does a good job of keeping the 4 teeth in good. sometimes those spindle nuts can really be on there.
I have the same one and it works like a charm, but it won't fit auto hubs which I don't have but I sometimes need to remove at the jy, so it may not be the best choice of sockets. The socket that the op posted will take off all the different style spindle nuts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts