Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
90 bko, 302 etc.... ok so I was pulling the auto hubs out to grease them and whatnot, driver side came out smooth but my passenger side is locked in there real tight, tried everything to get it out, then I take the tire off and spin the rotor by hand it spins, then kinda stalls, then spins again, whats going on? When I do finally get the hub out i'm going to switch to manuals, will I need the conversion kit for my 90? and what is a good brand?

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
If you have 5 bolts on your hub covers, you don't need the conversion kit. If you have 3, you need it. You don't need Warn's kit, though, just a set of Dana 44 spindle nuts/bearing retainers. broncograveyard.com has them for $10 a side.

You may have the retainer backed off the bearings inside, pushing against the back of the hub, making it hard to remove. That'll be a problem. I'm not sure what to suggest. You've got the snap ring out?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no the snap ring wont come out

·
Registered
648 Posts
You don't need Warn's kit, though, just a set of Dana 44 spindle nuts/bearing retainers. broncograveyard.com has them for $10 a side.
Thanks sewiv! You just saved me about $30. I went to AZ today for the conversion kit and they were out of stock.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any ideas on how to pull the hub out?

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
put one of the screws in a little and pull from there. Also try tapping it with a hammer.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
any ideas on how to pull the hub out?
Did you get the snapring off? If so, just thread two of the allen head screws back into the hub and pull it out. This is of course assuming you got the retaining ring out as well. Like this:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate the help, but you guys dont seem to understand, I know how to pull the hub out, I cant even get the snapring out, I have even persuasivley beat it with a hammer, driver side came out fine (hammer free even) but its like there is something wrong with the passenger hub, I mean there is no metal shavings or any sighns of damage.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
I appreciate the help, but you guys dont seem to understand, I know how to pull the hub out, I cant even get the snapring out, I have even persuasivley beat it with a hammer, driver side came out fine (hammer free even) but its like there is something wrong with the passenger hub, I mean there is no metal shavings or any sighns of damage.

here you go

use a dentil pic for that wire retainer on the outside of the hub or a tiny tiny screw driver but a dentil pick works the best

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The hub wont come out enough for me to pull the snap ring out.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Wow, you are still working on this. There is a little play in the axle shaft, have you tried using a screwdriver as a pry bar at the knuckle to push the axle twards the outside?:shrug

1 - 13 of 13 Posts