Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on it off and on for a little while now an trying to get a comfortable and functional interior layed out. The plan is to have room for 6 or 5 with the middle seat in the front down cupholders for 4 enough room for 6 longuns without having to have them in a guncase and out of site. Also I wold like to be able to sleep in the back with out rearranging the whole backend of the Bronco.

I started out with removing the pastic trim in the rear I then started building two plywood boxes for each side

I welded angle Iron brakets on the side of the tub for the the boxes to bolt to

I layed down a piece of plywood on the bed floor I used 1/4" strips to take the space up between the floor ribs

These are pictures of the boxes installed showing the cup holders upper storage and rear storage cubby holes

My next job is to install the rails the cargo cover/ sleeping rack will set on and do the final trim work.

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is where I am for the front seating I wanted to buy the real nice seats on the internet but money is tight till Monica get out of school so I found Chevy Venture van and Cabbaged on to one of the little rear seats. The seat I got fold down and lock up also had a seat slide on it so my middle seat is adjustble. I reused the seat stands from the Bench seat out of the old truck and used some 1"x2"x11ga tubing to bolt my old seats back in on the slides they had before minus the feet. The best part is I set about 1 inch higher so I can see down the hood better.

I am having troube trying see where I an put one of these

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Now guys I am far from being finished the seats they'll will be recovered eventually but for now it may be just be a set of covers to get by for a while.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
So you're adding a sleeping platform? That'll be cool. Keep up the good work.

·
Nvr Been Bnnd
8,675,445 Posts
The added seat in the front is awesome!:beer
I really like that it folds down with cup holders/armrest!!!:thumbup

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The added seat in the front is awesome!:beer
I really like that it folds down with cup holders/armrest!!!:thumbup
And it is adjustable forward and back my next task will be to put a strorage and cup holder thing on the seat back.

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good! I like the added storage.
So far I have been able to fit 4 long guns on each side 1 of which was a scoped muzzleloader with the tall scopemounts that you can sight off the iron sights with also. I made them so the riffle or shotgun just sets straight up and down. I so a picture later they came out good. Thanks

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I like this idea alot, gonna incorporate it into my original idea for my cargo area. Instead of carpeting I intend to line the area in Molle gear so I can organize it even further as well as a raised floor, that can fit tool boxes hidden underneath. These side boxes are great though, might even make lids, or enclose the top and make doors that can only be accessed with the tailgate opened, lined with foam or carpet for certain longer "tools"

THANKS for posting this, any more pirctures would be cool too, those first ones are a bit small :)

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have lids for the tops I just haven't finished them off and installed and I have considered covering the whole thing in fiberglass to make it waterproof when the top is off. Sorry about the small pics they were from my phone and if I try to enlarge them they are very pixelated. Next time I get a free moment I' toss a few rifles and shotguns in there for you and take a few pictures.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts