Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Humor me I'm bored, it's storming, lets talk tires

I am going to making my Bronco a strictly off road Rig I do believe? now that I have my 76 4x4 F250 Highboy that I will use for most of my street use.
I am going to put my spool in the rear and eventually get a locker for the front? now what I am wanting info on is tires? I was talking about retreads on here the other day, now I am thinking agricultural / tractor tires or forestry? something?, now this is a budget build as much as possible so what is cheap??? anything? I am not going to be running it on the road so I want some big lug tires like Boggers or tractors? I need cheap but effective? I want this thing to go anywheres but I am also keeping the D44 and 9". Well anyways I am just fishing around for info here, and talking out of my azzhat I'm sure, but if I can find the info on this anywheres, its here. Thanks for reading. have a nice day :goodfinge

·
Registered
533 Posts
agricultural tires. like the ones on sod trucks? those things are expinsive.they
would be awsome.
tractor tires. the tall skinny ones? still kinda pricey. also i think you have to
modify the rims to fit the lugs. you also have to figure out how
get those tall tires to turn without hitting anything.
big lug tires. you have new mud kings. not that expenssive. you also could go
used. boggers,swampers,or any off road tire. people drive them
on the road, and wear the centers out(i do).i usually get $100
to $400 for a set.i run 39.5x15x15 tsl super swampers. they
are still good for off roading.
i just wanted to say somthing hope this helps. if not i still had fun.

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks 78 + CM, I really dont know what I'm talking about here. I am just kicking around thoughts on a crappy day with nothing better to do :duh
what I am thinking is, I live in farm country so I might be able to find something cheap?
I know its a long shot but why not atleast look into it right :banghead

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
cheap, aggressive go any place tires like your wanting are prolly not going ot be dana 44 friendly.

I would just find a set of 37" boggers.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
i just want to say it before rsalter66 nice moon buggie jopes;).
he's always dissin my ride. I think he is jealous. :toothless

thanks man! :beer

·
Registered
35 Posts
Get some used radial mt's,I think tractor tires would vibrate your truck to pieces?

Are you keeping stock dif gears? is this a auto or man?
What size tire are you thinking?
I'm bored also.

Edit:I read the big lug part in your post,get a used set of TSL's

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am jealous Jopey! You know that you are my Hero! ......... my Hero Zero!!
I like your rig jopes . I'm just bustin your balls like you do me :lowblow....... friends???:kiss LOL :histerica
and I am just fishing here jopes??? I was thinking of going with 35" boggers?
its just cold and crappy out so I figured why not throw up :uke: some ideas??

·
Registered
12 Posts
i am running 38'' swampers some guy was going to throw them away because they could not be balanced

i got them for free and they were half traed when i got them

my blazer is off road only so i don't care if they are balanced or not

keep an eye out for used tires even allmost bald swampers are still good off road

i know its not a bronco but it has a big block,1 tons,lockers front and rear and big tires

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:stupid
i am running 38'' swampers some guy was going to throw them away because they could not be balanced

i got them for free and they were half traed when i got them

my blazer is off road only so i don't care if they are balanced or not

keep an eye out for used tires even allmost bald swampers are still good off road

i know its not a bronco but it has a big block,1 tons,lockers front and rear and big tires

Thats a good idea Thanks, and I agree who cares that its not a bronk, your still wheelin it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts