Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the first pic of my two door, i have not seen/worked on this truck in two years. My brother is responsible for the de-storation of this truck. I can not believe how ruff its gotten. Oh well, now lets get her back to her prime so i can give my Fourdoor a well deserved break..specs:
1989 XLT
5.0 w/AOD
112K miles
4" pro comp lift

Just made her way home a few hours ago.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Funny how things that are "rough" in other parts of the country are pristine here.
I'm going to keep clicking away on mostly mechanical stuff for awhile (few years) then drive down there to pick up a rust free truck and transfer parts or body swap.

Looking forward to seeing progress on the Bronco

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, when i left the truck with him a few years ago it was cherry...Progress will start next weekend...

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Dude, that Centurion is badass

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks broncoDel, it needs alot of work, but since its my DD i really cant get into the repair work that it needs with out it being down for a few days. So im hoping that getting my 2door done will allow me to work on the fourdoor more down the road. I've had the truck just over a year and i have allready put 38K miles on her.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Thanks broncoDel, it needs alot of work, but since its my DD i really cant get into the repair work that it needs with out it being down for a few days. So im hoping that getting my 2door done will allow me to work on the fourdoor more down the road. I've had the truck just over a year and i have allready put 38K miles on her.
That would have been $1200 a month in fuel for me!

:banghead

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
That Centurion is pretty fvcking wicked.

Bronco has lots of potential too. Can't wait to see it done.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So what do you have planned for it.
Im going all original on it. Its gonna be that two tone tan/brown. All of the interior will be replaced or refinished. Some interior sound deadening, little sound system(no sub). I ahve two sets or wheels for her right now, just not sure which ones im gonna use. I was thinking about refinishing the original wheels with beauty rings, spacing them out abit, then running a 33 or a 35..not sure since this will be a DD. About 90% sure im gonna run a 33. OR....i have a set of 16x10 black simu-lock wheels.....or once again, i was thinking about running a "new style" wheel in a 17" ....maybe a black rockstar, or similar...not sure, Im gonna wait til its been repainted and i will go from there. Nothing fancy though, just nice. Some one around here had a sig with a 85' with 38's(i think) with the stock wheels and beauty rings, that just looked killer...im getting older i guess and i dont need people stealing my shit!

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Damn, i just realized that my fourdoor makes the two door look like a B2!
I would LOVE to have a B2 to build instead of the fullsize. But the family size requires a fullsize.

A 16x8 wheel is common, and I'd throw some TreadWright 285's on them. Cheap, and good reviews.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a few matchbox toy bronco's and the wheels look just like rockstars...even though the toys are easily 14yrs old..so when the original rockstars came out i was stupid enough to pony out the dough for a brand new set! Now they are half price, so i might try a set again. The original set was sold off when i started hating on the "bling bling" wheels, at this point everyone...even the ricers.. were wearing black wheels...even saw a few black hubcaps as well...enough was enough, traded the wheels for a tranny/transfer case/drivehsaft rebuild work at a local shop.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Help getting her started. I do not want to take her to a shop and get raped for something simple...I have replaced spark plugs, cap/rotor, fuel tank/sending unit/in tank fuel pump, frame rail fuel pump, and the fuel filter. It will start and run like a champ for about 15sec. then it will cut out like its out of fuel...i can restart it but this time it only runs for about 5sec. then it shuts off in the same manner..after that i have to wait till(im assuming) it cools down then it will start again. I cleaned out the IAC per this write up http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25878 after that it ran for several minutes. This gave me a chance to run a 1/4 can of seafoam thru the truck..This time i ran for about 4 to 5 min..then started doing the same thing all over again...What do you guys think i should do..buy a new IAC and see where it goes? I did get a chance to look inside of the throttle body, it was black and dirty..should i remove it and clean it out?? Could the coil be bad and giving out after it heats up?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've probably got a few IACs laying around that we could try out to see if that solves your problem. Another place to look would be the fuel pressure regulator. Sometimes the diaphragm in there will get messed up. I've got a fuel pressure gauge too that we can hook up to see what's going on there. Hell, may even have a fuel rail or two that we can rob regulators from. Give me a hollar when you got some time and maybe we can get together and get the ol' engine running good again.

·
Like them tires spinnin'
847 Posts
Clean out that TB. Clean the edges of the throttle plates with a tooth brush. It might not cure your problem but it definitely will help it.:thumbup

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've probably got a few IACs laying around that we could try out to see if that solves your problem. Another place to look would be the fuel pressure regulator. Sometimes the diaphragm in there will get messed up. I've got a fuel pressure gauge too that we can hook up to see what's going on there. Hell, may even have a fuel rail or two that we can rob regulators from. Give me a hollar when you got some time and maybe we can get together and get the ol' engine running good again.
Hell yeah! I am really trying really hard to keep from buying a bunch of random parts....even though the 21yr old engine could probably use them. Sad to day that i have to work everyday this week other than saturday...and its my birthday this thursday! What a bummer! I had two old ford guys tell me the same thing...try the coil, then try the sensor that is in/on the distributer...whats your take on those options?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hell yeah! I am really trying really hard to keep from buying a bunch of random parts....even though the 21yr old engine could probably use them. Sad to day that i have to work everyday this week other than saturday...and its my birthday this thursday! What a bummer! I had two old ford guys tell me the same thing...try the coil, then try the sensor that is in/on the distributer...whats your take on those options?
I got a brand new in the box coil in my garage as well as 2 or 3 spare distributors. Easy enough to swap stuff out to track down the problem. :thumbup

1 - 20 of 47 Posts