Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of hooking up my hydroboost. I got a couple questions about it. Coming from the power steering pump is three lines. I think there are 3 lines coming from the hydroboost setup. So let me see if i get the order right

1 line from power steering pump to hydroboost, one line to gearbox, one back to power steering pump. Line from gearbox thru power steering fluid cooler back into pump. Does that sound right?

I also need the rod that goes from the hydroboost to the brake pedal. Anyone have a part number for this?

I also need to remove all my EFI stuff. I tried reading Andrew James thread but it was completely useless. Should i just be able to hack all my injector stuff off. Also how much of the ECU can i delete? All i really need to run is speedo, tach, a/c, heater, radio, brake lights, blinkers. All my other gauges are aftermarket and i think that is all i need. Let me know what you think will work

·
Registered
820 Posts
is it ford hydroboost? if its like my dads 96 f450 theres a line going to the hydroboost from the ps pump then another back to the ps pump, then one to the steering box and a line back to the pump

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
I still do not understand why people want to cut up the EFI and go backwards in time with a carb. it is such a waste to do so.

but search there are plenty of threads on telling you what to do.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
I still do not understand why people want to cut up the EFI and go backwards in time with a carb. it is such a waste to do so.

he has a diesel now....

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Are there any really thorough writeups about Hydro Boosting? I've searched here and don't really see much. What's the real benefits to it and how does it work with the RearABS systems in the newer('92) vehicles? I was thinking about this stuff as another option for mine when I start doing real mods to it.

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
I am in the process of hooking up my hydroboost. I got a couple questions about it. Coming from the power steering pump is three lines. I think there are 3 lines coming from the hydroboost setup. So let me see if i get the order right

1 line from power steering pump to hydroboost, one line to gearbox, one back to power steering pump. Line from gearbox thru power steering fluid cooler back into pump. Does that sound right?

I also need the rod that goes from the hydroboost to the brake pedal. Anyone have a part number for this?

I also need to remove all my EFI stuff. I tried reading Andrew James thread but it was completely useless. Should i just be able to hack all my injector stuff off. Also how much of the ECU can i delete? All i really need to run is speedo, tach, a/c, heater, radio, brake lights, blinkers. All my other gauges are aftermarket and i think that is all i need. Let me know what you think will work
Through no fault of my own. :haha

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

then why doesn't he say that?

I wanted to see how many people would tell me to stop going back to the stone ages. :thumbup

Thanks for the link bossind

And yes andrew i say it was mostly your fault

Its a chevy hydro boost. But i dont see how it would make much of a difference. Someone please correct me if i am wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
well, when I did my hydroboost I did it because my truck would stop.... eventually. Now that I have hydroboost (mine came from a 2005 excursion (exact same unit as in the chevys)) when I stomp the brake, I can lock the tires up at ANY speed. It is that good.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What chevy & year, suburban SLT ?
No it came out of the van i pulled the diesel from. So 1986 Chevy P30 Stepvan. Not your run of the mill vehicle. But im sure it has all the stopping power i could ever want.

One more thing will my stock master cylinder work with the hydroboost one. or is it a special master cylinder attached?

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very nice write ups Ewgoetz and Bossind. I think between those two I can make this thing work. I will update the progress in my build thread on what all it takes and how well a chevy set up will work.

·
Local # 40 Boilermakers
15,787 Posts
I didnt see that I just seen he had another thread going and had asked the same question, guess that will teach me for not reading. I dont think Jfritts read it either.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I actually found that one when i searched for hydroboost. But I still had some questions I wasnt sure about. I think its good enough to post twice tho

1 - 20 of 22 Posts