Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i found a hydro boost master/booster in a 89 F250.
looks factory ford setup.
im wondering if i should just gank it out of the yard for my rockwell truck witha deisel, my daily driver with the diesel, or my bronco.
my bronco stops good, my DD is great after 15 seconds, but i dont know how a truck for wheelign is gonna be with a vaccuum pump supllying the brakes.

its on an 89 F250 with a POS detroit 8.2L in it.
looks off the wall custom truck, but booster looks like a bolt in.
any ideas what it would be off of? i can get the whole setup for $10, as its at the tractor junkyard, and i saw it when i was pulling a combine part over the weekend.

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well, which truck to put it in?
bronco, DD f250, or the rockwell ford truck?
should i run a seperate pump for it like big trucks?
or should i biggy back it off a saginaw pump like the 1 ton chevys do?
only the bronco currently has a saginaw, but it is serpentine belt driven
the other two trucks have the stock ford pump, but are V belt driven, so easily adaptible.

was a direct bolt in from what i could tell unbolting it

for a size comparison.
a stock bronco master is 1 1/16" bore
a one ton master cyclinder is 1 1/8" bore
this says 1 5/16"s bore

·
Registered
677 Posts
is it an integral system or seprate parts ie master cyl. seperate from the booster body, can't see straight right now. i ask cause i know with the chevy integral units the thing costs about 1500 to replace. if the bronc stops good leave it if the DD's good leave it, if your concerned about useing brakes supplied by a vacuum pump use it on the rockwell truck.

·
Only the Bronco
975 Posts
I just picked one of those up today to install into my dad's F350 dually, it had the puny 1 1/8" master and Vac booster (460 gas), and it stopped horribly, so we are deciding to install the hydroboost and 1 5/16 master into it, the only thing that I have to figure out, is how to adapt the pressure line, and get a hydroboost resivoir, (has 2 return lines on it)(ford pump)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts