Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will this work? it does not specifically say for a tranny but it can hold a 4 wheeler in the picture.

its a universal adapter plate and stabilizer. i know its not a very good pic but i have a crappy cam and i cant zoom out or in with it.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
the problem with the ones for the jack is that the adapter just fits in the hole that the jack plate sits in or they just balance there.......Not really any easier than just a jack. Just be readty to get out of the way if it falls off the jack.

BTW best tranny jack i have used is when the truck is on a lift, there is a tranny jack adapter that fits on top of a cherry picker, slide that under the truck, bolt the tranny to the cherry picker adpater and roll it out. Alot safer

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
85f150 said:
BTW best tranny jack i have used is when the truck is on a lift, there is a tranny jack adapter that fits on top of a cherry picker, slide that under the truck, bolt the tranny to the cherry picker adpater and roll it out. Alot safer

ok..start laughing now......i do not know what a cherry picker is. which means i dont own one :doh0715: when we were working on her before we had a hydrolic jack under the transfer case and a tranny jack under the tranny. (since all we did was putt the tranny apart in the center instead of removing the whole thing from the truck. but im down to one jack. and its not the tranny jack of course. :) so how much is the cherry picker and adapter or does she HAVE TO be at a shop? cuz um...thats not possible currently. :)

ok you can stop laughing now.....

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Anything can be made to work with the right supplies and patience...Does your hydro jack have wheels? That would be damn near a neccesity when removing the tranny.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
:rockon Your good to go! (Dont listen to me, Im about half lit right now)

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
yea it needs to be at a shop, a cherry picker is on of these

And the adapter sits on top of it, so as you can imagine you needs lots of rooom under your vehicle, ie on a lift.......

·
Chaos is coming!!
515 Posts
I have always used floor jacks to remove and install a tranny or transfer case. Never had a problem yet.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
saturday this is all going to happen. one of my main guys i dont think is going to make it here. the other 2 say they know what they are doing. so be prepared i might be asking alot ALOT of questions come saturday. plus i got up under her just a big ago to look at the tranny and ya know it looks alot different during the day then it does in the middle of the night with flashlights. haha. ok well i will try it with just the jack first when we are taking the old tranny out and then depending on how that goes i might put the adapter on it. :) thanks yall! YALL ARE GREAT!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts