Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
How much do these chips run?

Fireguy, I'm assuming just headers, hi-flow cats and flowmaster would fit into the "stock-to-mildly modified" catagory?

Good to hear that Ford did a good job with the stock computers. I always notice a difference when I do something (better breathing exhaust, or finding and fixing a vaccum leak, for instance) and then disconnect the battery to reset the computer. Usually takes 250miles to realize the full benefit, though.

1911copper said:
How much do these chips run?
Cost is about $350 for a generic one, $450-600 for a custom of laptop tuned versions. And you get what you pay for/

1911copper said:
Fireguy, I'm assuming just headers, hi-flow cats and flowmaster would fit into the "stock-to-mildly modified" catagory?
Nope you need to change the programed values for it to need a chip. Like displacment, injector size, blower, ect.
Typically imporving flow doesn't need a chip, but crazy trickflow heads, 3" headers, and a race intake could need a chip.
there are only a few Cams that are safe with the stock computer.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.