Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
thats why i installed in the unimog axles in the jeep!

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
I would love to own one of those. But just imagine the price of fuel for one of them! :shocked

Seen many of them vids on youtube, and I watched a good many of them too. Love that kind of stuff. :thumbup

KC

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Quad TTBs!

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
More like quad IFS...i'm pretty sure they're not running a TTB setup;)
Nope you are wrong. Deff 4 TTB front axles under there.:doh0715:

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Someone design a (ford version) of the unimog with 4 TTB front suspensions. :toothless Boy wouldn't that be something to see, although, I don't even know if it even possible to do. Mmm...alignment could be an issue though. :rofl:

KC

·
Registered
712 Posts
Nope you are wrong. Deff 4 TTB front axles under there.:doh0715:
Nope, you're wrong - the axle halfs are attached to that massive triangle pieces in the middle (they hold the differentials too), the axle ends near the wheels are secured from moving front-back by the leaf springs. There are trailing arms in the rear for the same reason we put them on our trucks, the tri-axles trucks don't have trailing arms on the single axle, and the quad-axle trucks may or may not have front trailing arms (most offroad-duty ones do, seen a few on-road ones that don't). Additionally, the driveshafts are placed inside those massive steel tubes that run from differential to differential, these tubes protect the driveshafts and also make the frame of the truck a horizontal triangular prism - that's why you see them going over huge holes like that with axles hanging in the air, a normal truck frame will bend under these conditions, but the 3D frames these beasts hold up pretty well. And in case you're wondering - those were designed as military transport vehicles, some equipped with air-cooled V12 tank engines and intended to haul, well, tanks :D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I wonder how much one of those things would cost around here.. But damn can you hear those turbos screaming?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nope, you're wrong - the axle halfs are attached to that massive triangle pieces in the middle (they hold the differentials too), the axle ends near the wheels are secured from moving front-back by the leaf springs. There are trailing arms in the rear for the same reason we put them on our trucks, the tri-axles trucks don't have trailing arms on the single axle, and the quad-axle trucks may or may not have front trailing arms (most offroad-duty ones do, seen a few on-road ones that don't). Additionally, the driveshafts are placed inside those massive steel tubes that run from differential to differential, these tubes protect the driveshafts and also make the frame of the truck a horizontal triangular prism - that's why you see them going over huge holes like that with axles hanging in the air, a normal truck frame will bend under these conditions, but the 3D frames these beasts hold up pretty well. And in case you're wondering - those were designed as military transport vehicles, some equipped with air-cooled V12 tank engines and intended to haul, well, tanks :D

After a little research, they were designed as "go anywhere, do anything" vehicles for the military and came in pretty much any version to "go anywhere and/or do anything". I think theyre built a lot like a loader from what I can tell.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts