Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am back from the fire pit....AKA, San Diego CA.

OK, Well I will try to keep this short and sweet, but that is a lie.

1) Road phones on the freeways. Good idea.

2) The Beach, the sand, the ocean, aahhhhh it was nice!

3) The people were really cool for the most part.

4) The humidity helped cure me of my cold pretty quick.

5) BEER IS 7.2%!! I drank plenty of Italian beer in the harbor.

Dislikes:
1) Toll booths, 1 wrong turn cost you almost $6.00

2) The ricers, everyone thinks they have to have one.

3) The population. Good god how can you even fart and get away with it?

4) Parking is just a joke everywhere we went.

5) The god damn fires, thats not Cali's fault but hey i hated it all the same.

6) The cops are assholes.

7) The stupid grocery strike. I am sorry but pay the farckin 5 bucks already and be happy you have a job still, much less benefits you crying babies.

8) Again the grocery strike made it practically impossible to find a grocery store to get food. We kept getting told to find a Wal-mart but with no luck....

That should pretty much wrap that rant up.

All in all Cali was a good time. It was not as bad as i thought it would be. It was a lot nicer than most people give it credit for.
In fact the only place that i thought was pretty bad was a few parts in LA. I thought i was going to need tetnus shots just to order a cheeseburger from BK.

We were really lucky to get home.
We woke up Sunday morning to news stating that I-15 was closed and the airports as well.
We had to drive to lake Havasue and then up to vegas in order to get home.
We drove for 17 hours straight, only stopping for gas, and to take a leak.

The fires are very unfortunate and i hope that everyone here is safe.

Well just thought I would share my 2 cents about the trip.
i didnt take any pics because the fog/smog/smoke pretty much killed the skies and the vision was pretty bad. Plus if you have ever seen any pictures of the beach, then you have seen them all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well thats a damn intresting report considering my ass is all the way on the otherside of the country. It feels like I went there :toothless

How bad was the rice? to the TF&TF level or just plain you wish you had your bronco to run them over wit :twak

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Beerman said:
6) The cops are assholes.

7) The stupid grocery strike. I am sorry but pay the farckin 5 bucks already and be happy you have a job still, much less benefits you crying babies.
yes cops are assholes in Cali, but they are even worse in my hometown Capitola (aka COPitola).

and fawk those whiney union biatches.

glad you liked cali. i don't really like So Cal, too crowded and everything is like one giant city the whole time. I like the Central Coast and Nor Cal much better, its way more chill and you don't feel like you're being suffocated everywhere you go.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would say on a per capita basis it was above average.
Honestly its not the cars that bother me, its mostly the stupid drivers.
I do my best to respect the speed limit, and the rest of teh road rules that we the people voted for or against.
For some reason though this doesnt apply to most of these idiots.
Every light is a god damn race to the next.
I mean WTF are they racing for, Money? Funny i didnt see any exchanges at the end of the race????

Another thing, how could BreAwn and myself rolling in a bone stock Hyundai Elantra GT look "threatening" to the ricer race world?
You would think we drove all the way from Utah just to challenge Vin Diesel and take the title of "super cool guy with a bad accent" away from him, and all of his homies were there to back him up...

I dont get it. But maybe they dont get us trying to build our rigs big enough to climb over obstacles.

While we are on the subject, why would a Honda Civic need a roll cage? Some douch bag in Cali must have had a sale on cheesy roll cages, because I swear like every ricer had one. They were also painted really pretty colors too. You know the ones that give you more horse power!

Like I said before, California is a lot better in my opinion than what i have read, or heard.
I just might go back some day (hopefully not during any fires or other statewide emergencies).:beer

·
Registered
16 Posts
:lolup
Thats funny. Its cali they have to out extreme each other thats prolly the whole reasoning on the roll cage.

"Yo check this sh*t out I got a roll cage foo Im runnning 10s now you dun want any of this civic bro" :D

I wanna go to cali one day just get stoned and laugh my ass off at all the stupid ass rice they have cuz I know I have one good ol belly laugh...one day....:goodfinge

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
Re: Re: I am back from hell....AKA, San Diego CA.

King Andy351 said:

and fawk those whiney union biatches.

You better thank your local labor unions because if wasn't for the union you would not make as much money as you do in little pissy summer jobs school boy. Around here the nonunion love to get on prevailing wages job because they get to make the money we do. Then when they are off those jobs they pis and moan about how little they do make and if we was not around they would not even make that much. They make nearly $10.00 less an hour than us and they have to pay for their own medical and retirement we don't so who would rather work for. I am in the I.B.E.W L.U. 613 out of Atlanta, Ga. If you don't know what I.B.E.W is it is the Inernational Brotherhood of Electrical Worker.:goodfinge

·
Registered
261 Posts
San Diego has a decent rice population but if you really want to see some rice-racers go north about an hour into Irvine and then north some more into the L.A. area..it's almost funny. The northern/east part of San Diego has a ton of prerunner trucks from nice to stupid but they outnumber the cars by far due to the desert being right here. Traffic does suck, way too many people..it also helps to know some back ways as it would in any city. Personally though I love driving here compared to when I was is Rhode Island, Boston, and New York..good lord theres some not so bright people on those roads.

·
Registered
484 Posts
King Andy351 said:
I like the Central Coast and Nor Cal much better, its way more chill and you don't feel like you're being suffocated everywhere you go.
I agree wholeheartedly. I grew up in the Bay Area, and it's a great place to visit. And it's not far from a lot of other cool places, like Monterey, Tahoe, Yosemite... :thumbup

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dustin said:
ah so your the one that started all the fires:goodfinge
Not me :brownbag

I think I heard somewhere that it was started by the jar heads :shrug :shrug

·
Registered
261 Posts
The Camp Pendelton fire was set off by ammunition by the marines. The Paradise fire was set by a lost camper either lighting a signal fire, or firing a flare gun, the other two are unknown..or I haven't heard yet.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Re: Re: Re: I am back from hell....AKA, San Diego CA.

79F150 said:
You better thank your local labor unions because if wasn't for the union you would not make as much money as you do in little pissy summer jobs school boy. Around here the nonunion love to get on prevailing wages job because they get to make the money we do. Then when they are off those jobs they pis and moan about how little they do make and if we was not around they would not even make that much. They make nearly $10.00 less an hour than us and they have to pay for their own medical and retirement we don't so who would rather work for. I am in the I.B.E.W L.U. 613 out of Atlanta, Ga. If you don't know what I.B.E.W is it is the Inernational Brotherhood of Electrical Worker.:goodfinge
i was talking about the grocery workers on strike. at least they have jobs, sometimes people just need count their blessings instead of looking to what they don't have. also, when i was working my summer jobs, my standard rate was 1/3 of what prevailing wage was, and the standard jobs were much rougher. but do you hear me complaining? i was happy to even be getting the $8 an hour regular pay, much less when i was lucky enough to get on prevailing wage jobs. sure my standard pay was crap for the industry, but at least its a foot in the door/experience and money to boot. i just get tired of all the people who whine about how their jobs are so bad, when they are lucky to even have a job and some form of income in the first place.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exactly!
I used to work grocery, so i know first hand how the union gets involved with that.
$5.00-$25.00 a month for benefits is statistaclly lower than what normal employees working for the top fortune 100 companies pay.
Beleive me, I work for Intel, and i work in HR, I have to know this data, and these statistics.
Health care costs rise and rise every year. If you knew you would be much happier paying what you do for what you got!!!!!

I read in the San Diego times that the average grocery clerk makes $17.00 an hour.
I am sorry, and dont get me wrong its honest work, but for what they do that is great pay, and paying next to nothing over paying nothing for great union benefits should be looked at as a benefit.

Grocery work is nothing compared to what most people do working in a fortune 100 company, and we dont have the luxury of the union battleing all of our wars. We actually have to account for our actions. (Great concept huh?)
You dont do shit, then you dont get a raise, simple as that.
Unions are like lawyers, and these actions are what is ruining america IMO.
People going without groceries because some farcking pathetic bagger has to pay $5.00 a month for benefits is absurd.
I wish i could slap the dog sh!t out of them.

Try that here in utah and they would get fired, and an invitation to the unemployment line.

So like I said before, these low lifes need to quit looking a gift horse in teh mouth, get back to work so that people can eat.
The ONLY thing this is doing is making Wal-Mart a more profitable company. Pretty soon we are going to be overrun with Wal_Marts because of sh!t like this.
God damn it is pathetic!

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: I am back from hell....AKA, San Diego CA.

King Andy351 said:
i just get tired of all the people who whine about how their jobs are so bad, when they are lucky to even have a job and some form of income in the first place.
I have worked union and non-union, and it don't matter to me either way... :shrug I do however agree that they should just shut-up there bitching...I mean, If they don't like it...quit!! It's that simple...nobody came to their house and knocked on there door and said "Will you please come work for us oh grand one...we can't function with out you!" This isn't a rant about union or non-union, it's more of a reality check...spoiled ass kids have been given things for so long by their parents that they've grown up to think we gotta give 'em something too..It's BS!:mad:Phuck 'em, do the job and be happy you can, or quit and flip burgers for all I give a shit...:twak either way shut-up and get the phuck off the sidewalk...I've got a family I need to feed with food from this grocery store!!:goodfinge

That loud popping noise was air rushing in to fill the void left from me hopping of my soapbox!:beer

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I still havent stepped off mine. My soap box stands so high sometimes i need a parachute to get off it.:toothless :brownbag

·
FSB MOM
479 Posts
It is those kind of people that give unions a bad name. My husband is a union worker and works very hard for what he earns. And let me tell you he is very happy that he has a job and puts up with a lot of shit. Everyone that has a job normally puts up with a lot of shit because they have their family or themselves to support. I don't work for a union and I work damn hard at my job and my company has a freeze on increases in pay and if my husband didn't work for the union we could not survive the increases in everything without having the increase they give him each year. Don't get me wrong their increases are always not in his check they might be increases to their retirement or health care. Yes you are right when you say that if you don't do a good job you shouldn't get a raise but I now that there are many companies that give people raises that don't deserve it. Our economy sucks right now and even unions are affected. I agree you should be happy you have a job because their are so many people that are suffering right now without a job and they are losing their possesions. The union my husband works for has a no-strike clause in his agreement. This strike doesn't really piss me off that bad, The only strike that got to me was the baseball strike the people that were making millions of dollars felt they still needed more. Those people might make 17.00 dollars an hour but you have to consider the living expenses there. Things all over this country is Fawked up, I guess we have to live our lives and deal with it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I MISSED YOU. I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE HOME SAFE AND SOUND.

Lake Havasu huh only about 1hr from us and you couldn't even call. How dare you.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was gonna call but it was like 1 am I thought that John would get kinda pissed. HAHA:toothless

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Beerman said:
I still havent stepped off mine. My soap box stands so high sometimes i need a parachute to get off it.:toothless :brownbag
i think that if you had lived in the turn of the century, you would have been a breaker, you know the thugs that they paid to come in and beat the strikers into submission.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts