Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up a 1996, hopefully today. Needs a little floor pan work and has a hellacious exhaust leak, also has 237k. Runs great, original paint. Cheap IMO. 5500. Can't find anything in anywhere near as good of shape around here. Not planning on doing much with it.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
30,825 Posts
Yo Tony,
Welcome back and Congratulations on acquiring the very best year Big Bronco known to men, women, children and canines!

ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed. If you still have concerns about Recalls, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center:
US: 800-392-3673 | CA: 800-565-3673
Note: 3673 spells "FORD" on phone keys
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 71
... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than the 94-96 recall.

Here's the 1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual partial

96 Bronco Owner's Guide, Maintenance Schedules & Parts and Accessories by Ford @ Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

96 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...sovers/bronco/pdf/96_Ford_Bronco_Brochure.pdf

96 Bronco Quick Tips Brochure Excerpts & some Eddie Bauer options @ 1983 Ford Bronco 96 EB Bronco Brochures pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
Enkoy it!
Al

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yo Tony,
Welcome back and Congratulations on acquiring the very best year Big Bronco known to men, women, children and canines!

ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed. If you still have concerns about Recalls, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center:
US: 800-392-3673 | CA: 800-565-3673
Note: 3673 spells "FORD" on phone keys
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 71
... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than the 94-96 recall.

Here's the 1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual partial

96 Bronco Owner's Guide, Maintenance Schedules & Parts and Accessories by Ford @ Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

96 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...sovers/bronco/pdf/96_Ford_Bronco_Brochure.pdf

96 Bronco Quick Tips Brochure Excerpts & some Eddie Bauer options @ 1983 Ford Bronco 96 EB Bronco Brochures pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
Enkoy it!
Al
It hasn't been done yet.

Was planning on getting it done sometime

Reactions: miesk5

·
Premium Member
1981 Bronco, 4.9L, ZF5, NP208, Detroit Truetracs, 3.55 gears, 31" Wranglers front and rear
2,449 Posts
Welcome back! Congrats on the 96!

·
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
17,769 Posts
Welcome back!
Looks great! Except that droopy cab visor... And i usually like cab visors.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
2,672 Posts
Just because you sold your Bronco doesn’t mean ya gotta leave!!!!! Glad you got another. Welcome home.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think cab visors are cool too.
They should visually line up as an extension of the rain gutters over the doors.

Nice looking truck by the way and the price seems somewhat reasonable in today's world of excessive everything.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,461 Posts
Nice to have you back. Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think cab visors are cool too.
They should visually line up as an extension of the rain gutters over the doors.

Nice looking truck by the way and the price seems somewhat reasonable in today's world of excessive everything.
The gentleman I’m buying it from said it is drooping down. I always wanted a bronco with a visor. He also thinks it’s leaking.

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,482 Posts
The gentleman I’m buying it from said it is drooping down. I always wanted a bronco with a visor. He also thinks it’s leaking.
It looks to me like it's fasteners were drilled in the wrong location, causing it to look drooped. If you were to position it properly, I think you'd find that the holes were supposed to be drilled a bit further back. Solution is to weld the holes up and redrill in proper position, if that is indeed the case. If it's leaking, it's all got to come apart anyway.

The reason for my guess is that when I was positioning my visor for drilling, I marked the holes, stood back, saw the same droop yours is exhibiting, repositioned and saw the same result with the mounting hole marks.

·
Registered
377 Posts
You could probably get away with just using a high grade natural cure clear silicone to cover the improperly placed holes or use some of those plastic "christmas tree" type pins (for interior panel installations) slathered in silicone. They would be under the visor and hardly visible.

The manufacturers recommend that the newly drilled holes have a nickle ($.05) sized glob of silicone placed at fastener locations between the truck roof and the bottom of the visor, then some silicone on the fastener before sending it in. Clean up the mess and install a plastic cap over the mechanical fastener, painted to match the visor.

It doesn't look like a Lund visor.
Maybe it is one of those Summit Racing visors.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You could probably get away with just using a high grade natural cure clear silicone to cover the improperly placed holes or use some of those plastic "christmas tree" type pins (for interior panel installations) slathered in silicone. They would be under the visor and hardly visible.

The manufacturers recommend that the newly drilled holes have a nickle ($.05) sized glob of silicone placed at fastener locations between the truck roof and the bottom of the visor, then some silicone on the fastener before sending it in. Clean up the mess and install a plastic cap over the mechanical fastener, painted to match the visor.

It doesn't look like a Lund visor.
Maybe it is one of those Summit Racing visors.
This may be true. The underside of it looks unfinished, so raw fiberglass. LOL

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,630 Posts
Congratulations on the find, although I think my aging is making me think $5500 is still too expensive for a high-mile rig. BTW, if you want to change the grille and headlamp surrounds, say, painted to match the body, I have a set for sale, $250. PM me for pics/details, or email me at [email protected], if you are interested.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congratulations on the find, although I think my aging is making me think $5500 is still too expensive for a high-mile rig. BTW, if you want to change the grille and headlamp surrounds, say, painted to match the body, I have a set for sale, $250. PM me for pics/details, or email me at [email protected], if you are interested.
Yeah it is expensive. But no around here. I have been looking for years and everything around this price has been beat to hell

1 - 16 of 16 Posts