Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
College User
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.florida4x4.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1503

That is why I need fullsize ppl with me to drag me out. It sucks being the biggest and nobody can even move you, not even a wrecker at first. :brownbag

If ya read it all, and got some legal advise for me that might help. :shrug

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
damn man, raw deal, i hope everything works out ok, maybe the judge will be in a good mood that day, and as reading you your rights go, they dont have to, trust me on that one

·
College User
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know they dont have to in all situations, but dont know everything about the law yet. Only business law, and some other basic law.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
damn steve that sucks.
are they always like that there? i thought that area was ok'ed for off road use. were you not on a numbered road?
if you were off making your own road thru the woods, i could see them nailing ya, but sounds like they were just being jerks.

·
College User
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was on the biggest road in the place, officer even said so, I asked if it was the shoulder he said yes I was on the road/shoulder area. I guess because it is hunting season it is no tolerance. You can ride this place and I will be back but not this year. I have been told ber other the got a 125$ ticket for driving on closed areas, so who knows. Ever since my first ticket for diving in a closed area to help somebody, I have followed every rule, and even picked up a bag of trash including broken chevy parts on that trip.
That was the first time, vehicle parked within 20 feet of the road, vehicle off, and outside of it. The red jeep had left and then the ticket writing began.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
That's messed up. YOU get the ticket for helping someone...what a prick..........the cop who issued the ticket, not you.

Hope all goes well with the current ticket. If I was around I'da given you a tug. Best of luck.

·
College User
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Unregistered User
697 Posts
Blaze - exactly... FWC doesnt play when it comes to that law. I'm surprised they let things slide for most of the year as is mentioned on the other board.

I've had to deal with several officers for traveling too fast down a numbered forest road, one I travel every day to get to work. One in particular that I remember the best, he cited that statute, and claimed that my high speeds were displacing too much dust, speeding up the erosion of the road surface. What a bunch of BS...fortunately, none of them ever went beyond the warning stage. I've also seen several vehicles impounded and people arrested, cuffed and shipped off.

Now yes that hunting season is upon us, enforcement is stepped up.. but still.

Steve - seriously sucks how you're being assraped on this one. Wish I could help ya out..

·
College User
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think being my own lawyer and my vast knowledge on crap will get me off, with no or little penalty. Only time will tell, so who knows. I was in the right, nothing you can prove will ever make my believe otherwise. I only go on the named and numbered roads, dont speed( speed limit 30), and take back way more than I can with. I do like to get dirty, but if all I wanted was to drive down the roads and avoid the ruts I would stay at home. I am not like some who do not tread lightly, and climb trees with my vehicle or tear down a fence or signs to wheel. If the was the case I would not travel 100 miles to wheel twice a month. I could just as easily wheel within ten miles of myself illegally. :shrug And if I am charged for the 500$ it aint gunna be pretty...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts