Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am back here with a 96' 5.0 bone stock that was carefully taken care of by someone in Montana. In a galaxy far far away I was once upon a time here with a 94' when we lived in AZ. Its been 15 years since I moved east, sold my previous bronco and got into boating. I am sure a ton of shit has changed on FSB since I was last logged in. Maybe some of the OG dudes are still on here. This was my old 94' below in silver and white and the new red bronco project.

Attachments

·
Registered
'96 XL, 351, E4OD w/FL1A & dual coolers, Double cardan shafts, TrueTracs+4.10s front & rear. 4" lift
188 Posts
Welcome back ChickenTaco. That is a sharp truck. Looks like no rust too.

You going to SAS it like last one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome back ChickenTaco. That is a sharp truck. Looks like no rust too.

You going to SAS it like last one?
No, and I hate the TTb but this will first get a 6" lift and then future considerations. Up here we do not rock crawl like I did in the past. Lot of mud and show trucks. I am 1000% happy with mild life show trucks and yeah I am just fooling myself. This bronco.... The previous owner kept a detailed log. Every activity was logged. A: I love the person that did that. B: IM gonna respectfully tear this thing down

·
Super Moderator
27,700 Posts
Yo 96_chickentaco,
Welcome HOME!
Your chosen username is the one thing in your user profile you cannot change yourself, administrators may be able to do it for you manually.
While logged in under your current user name, use the "Contact Us" form for your request. Please provide your desired username.
"Contact Us" us at bottom of page in black horizontal section.

ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed. If you still have concerns about Recalls, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center:
US: 800-392-3673 | CA: 800-565-3673
Note: 3673 spells "FORD" on phone keys
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 71
... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE.".

As you are most likely aware,for any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (50 posts required to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members).

See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links), includes "how do I get the tailgate glass to...", etc.

Here's the 1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual partial

96 Bronco Owner's Guide, Maintenance Schedules & Parts and Accessories by Ford @ Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

96 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1996 Ford Bronco Technical Info pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net ... scroll down

96 Bronco Quick Tips Brochure Excerpts & some Eddie Bauer options @ 1983 Ford Bronco 96 EB Bronco Brochures pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

See How to add your Signature @ Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum by BigBlue 94

See our Sites' FAQs, includes for example:
How To Save (Bookmark) Threads Or Posts
How To Search The Site
What is the Difference Between the Showcase and Gallery?
ETC.

Try to find time to participate and vote in our current Full-Size of the Month Contest & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Prizes are awarded to the winner; a full spread in Bronco Driver Magazine is the top prize, in addition to a years subscription, once the article is submitted; and a years worth of premium FSB membership.
Al

·
I see Broncos
6,020 Posts
Welcome back Chickentaco I do remember you from the old days. Welcome back!

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,829 Posts
holy hell, Chickentaco..that's a name I remember..nice to have you back man..great looking Bronco..

Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
Premium Member
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.8, C6, True Trac diffs, 4.56 gears, 4" C&T lift, 130A 3G Alt, 35" Grabber AT2s
677 Posts
Consider a Cut and Turn lift for this if not going SAS. Several manufacturers of modified beams, mostly out west. Did a 4 inch C&T on mine, really glad I did.

·
Registered
1996 Eddie Bauer 5.8L painfully stock (besides 15x10 & 31x10.5’s)
4 Posts
Hey everyone, I am back here with a 96'
Basically the same shoes, but have been dailying mine for almost a year. Painfully factory and clean......ripe for the molesting. Gathering GT40 goods and bracing myself for a big Solo Motorsports upgrade.....

I hope you have better luck, that’s a sweet color combo, I’d have immediately caved and modified it.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,126 Posts
Welcome back! I too remember the chickentaco name and your old bronco. Lots has changed here but its still the same ol place too. Even @BikerPepe` is still here, on his what fourth bronco?! As you can see, there are tons of OG members still here. Some only pop in every few months and some every day.

Reactions: BikerPepe`

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, Its been like 16 years since joe sold FSB and I threw a bitch fit and ghosted. I have grown as a father, husband and a human. I am not longer interested in rock crawling in AZ with Dogonmut or Dustin, etc because I no longer live there. Love that crew, but I moved to the beach area east coast 15 years back. My aim now is a mild build on this fresh project. It seems like most of the chatter is on Facebook, am I right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Admit it, you never left. Once the Bronco culture gets in your brain it never leaves! Welcome back to the obsession!
Yeah man, take 10 years off the bronco saddle and buy one with the exact same intererior as one you drove for 10 years. It is a trip out, therapy and feels like your favorite jacket that just fits. Kinda trippy in a good way

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,806 Posts
I'll be damned. Nice to see ya still out there kickin'. Haven't seen much of your old crew around either but I miss a lot going on around here these days and you never know who's still lurkin' out there. Nice lookin' rig. Sounds like some basic stuff for ya these days compared to the old. I'm sure you'll make it more than capable. Always been more of a puddle jumper myself.

Maybe the boys can run some basic verification by you and merge this new account with the old... although I have no idea what goes and what doesn't behind the curtain here anymore, especially since they "mobilized" the place. Gave that up a long time ago. I don't facebook, so no clue how we sit over there vs. the forum. Welcome home though. 🍻

Are you still getting flat tires on a regular basis, or wasn't that you?
Nope. That's @locopny and he's still a regular.
You on the other hand... good to see ya. 🍻

Welcome back! I too remember the chickentaco name and your old bronco. Lots has changed here but its still the same ol place too. Even @BikerPepe` is still here, on his what fourth bronco?! As you can see, there are tons of OG members still here. Some only pop in every few months and some every day.
Depends on if you count the "LeStinker" project or not but yea... something like that. ;) This ones my last... I swear. I still have Dad's and the lil' lady's to take care of... at a dried snails pace.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,126 Posts
Yeah, Its been like 16 years since joe sold FSB and I threw a bitch fit and ghosted. I have grown as a father, husband and a human. I am not longer interested in rock crawling in AZ with Dogonmut or Dustin, etc because I no longer live there. Love that crew, but I moved to the beach area east coast 15 years back. My aim now is a mild build on this fresh project. It seems like most of the chatter is on Facebook, am I right?
I dont think it was quite that long ago, but has been a while. A few members also ghosted after the move to xenforo software for the forum. Some are slowly trickling back in. FSB has kinda evolved too. Very little SAS going on and we seem to have become more of a repair/restore type forum as these broncos have aged. Still a good amount of custom fab but not like it was 15 years ago.

Facebook and youtube dont have the expert knowledge we have, but do get a lot of traffic. Lots of huff and fluff in those places.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I dont think it was quite that long ago, but has been a while. A few members also ghosted after the move to xenforo software for the forum. Some are slowly trickling back in. FSB has kinda evolved too. Very little SAS going on and we seem to have become more of a repair/restore type forum as these broncos have aged. Still a good amount of custom fab but not like it was 15 years ago.

Facebook and youtube dont have the expert knowledge we have, but do get a lot of traffic. Lots of huff and fluff in those places.

I do see rapid chatter on FSB typs FB groups. I greatly dislike FB but it has certain pockets of info that make it convienent. To be clear, I would not piss on mark zuckerburgs teeth if they were on fire because I think his software is spyware and he has the face of reptile child eater. Nice to see some old names chime in here. There is a volume of helpful info buried here in FSB. Does anyone remember MBB and the sticker fiasco that let to the spawn of FSB? Gah, I feel old thinking about that stuff.

·
Super Moderator
27,700 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts