Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway this is on display in the Philippines for the current Pope's visit.

"Currently displayed at Damosa Market Basket's entrance..Apparently this bad boy was used by Pope John Paul II during his 1981 Papal visit in Davao City:) at least we got a glimpse of history in time for Pope Francis' visit to the country :)"

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
cool truck

wonder if it has been restored as it looks like the one in the pope picture has chrome front bumper and black mirrors

hard to tell from a crappy photo though

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,662 Posts
Nope... never seen that one. The "Holy-Bronco" huh?
Who'd a thunk it? :thumbup

·
36,662 Posts
not holey... like your underwear, Holy... like the Pope. ;)

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
I wonder how they came to the conclusion that a Topless Bronco was the best vehicle to carry the pope around.

·
Premium Member
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.8, C6, True Trac diffs, 4.56 gears, 4" C&T lift, 130A 3G Alt, 35" Grabber AT2s
595 Posts
I wonder how they came to the conclusion that a Topless Bronco was the best vehicle to carry the pope around.
Better than a topless dancer.........

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As far as I can tell from the great source that is the internet. It was only used in that one city and maybe for only part of the time in that city. Just pretty cool that in 1981 the Bronco was considered the go to vehicle in the Philippines for part of this trip.

·
36,662 Posts
Probably had mechanical issues at the last minute and it was... Holy Bronco to the Rescue! :thumbup

·
FSM Lifetime
2,239 Posts
I think it's wonderful that there was at least one time and place where the fricken Pope of all people didn't have to fear for his life.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts