Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whell, i just ordered my 4" RC lift kit, some high flow cats, and when i get my tax return, some 35" X-terrains, and some 15X10 rims.

I plan on Lifting, Tires, new black rims, rebuild trac-loc, durabacking the rear portion of the truck again(for correct texture) and making a custom exhaust....that will be mustang shorty headers(if they fit) to a modified mustang X-pipe through 2-2 1/2" high flow cats, and then 2 flowmasters, then dumping in front of the rear tires on each side.

SO, my bronco is in for quite a transformation! One question, how long would you say, roughly would it take to install a lift....knowing ive never installed one, but not being scared of tools?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I dont know what size tires your running right now, but if you are going with 35's you may want to think about regearing.......you'll be in the rear one anyway......???

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
i agree with street gnag, put some 456s in there and instead of 4" maybe a 6" lift instead. i think you'll regret it if you dont get it. i know i did.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whell, i allready ordered the 4". I went with 4" because that is my max legal lift in my state, its cheaper, and i dont want a real high CG. I cut my fenders, so i should be able to clear 35"s easy.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Yeah, 35s look a lot better with a 4" kit; they look tiny with a 6" lift, IMHO.

Can't wait for the before/after pics :twotu:

·
Registered
13,876 Posts
william_ace said:
i agree with street gnag, put some 456s in there and instead of 4" maybe a 6" lift instead. i think you'll regret it if you dont get it. i know i did.
that aint true for everyone. I dont know why people always say that. I have a 4" RC kit and run 36" TSL/SXs. I have never looked back and been very happy with my decision. There are others that run 4" and perfectly happy with it. everyone swore up and down that I should go 6" instead of 4"

Regear like they say. Trust me. Running 35-36" tires on stock gears SUCKS.

you will be very happy with the RC kit. Great quality at a great price. It took 6 of us roughly 13 hours to install the lift on my bronco. But that 13 hours includes the 2 hour lunch break, the numerous smoke, bathroom, and drink breaks, along with about a total hour prep and cleanup time.

oh and to give you an idea of how it will look with a 4" and 35s here is 4" with 36s

1 - 7 of 7 Posts