Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Pissin' into the wind
Joined
·
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need money bad. And by bad I mean bad enough to part my Bronco out or sell it as it sits. I swore I'd never do it...but life has gotten pretty sucky for me lately and I'm selling just about everything I own, minus my truck (F150) and house.

Its an 81 Trailer Special (I've only seen one other 80's TS), it doesn't run, in fact it doesn't even have a motor in it. But it only has rust on the tail gate, the floor boards are so nice they look like it rolled off the factory floor. It needs work though, the power windows roll slowly and the dash is all cracked up. Plus I have a crack in my engine cross member. Other than that its nice.

Do you think I could sell it as it sits now? Or should I part it out?
 

·
Pissin' into the wind
Joined
·
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think people would be interested in buying a non running vehicle for 500 bucks?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
if it was in my area i would buy it right now for that and wouldn't even think twice as long as it is not a rust bucket and has a title
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,893 Posts
I'd say that a good 90% of people looking for a Bronco might not be interested, but it only takes one of the remaining 10% to make the sale. Put it in your local ads, and see how it does. If nothing else, Parts Cars, in ebaymotors ...
 

·
Pissin' into the wind
Joined
·
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rusty89 said:
if it was in my area i would buy it right now for that and wouldn't even think twice as long as it is not a rust bucket and has a title
Not a rust bucket at all, in fact I think I need to find someone who has good running gear but totally falling apart to sell this too. Here are some pictures:







I really don't want to do it, but if enough of you think I can get $500 bucks for it then I think I'm going to try. I think for the short term it will bum me out, but we're really struggling financially right now and there isn't anything else I can do.

Another question: I have a bunch of the stock motor stuff still, like exhaust manifolds, carb, intake, valve covers, heads, blah blah blah. Is there a market for this stuff? The bare block is on the engine stand right now, and I'm not going to put it back together as is since it needs a rebuild, but is that other stuff needed by people?
 

·
Practicing Infidel
Joined
·
15,308 Posts
Do like David says

and get it on-line asap

I wouldn't be surprised if they came from near and far for something that rust-free.

It's all in how you present it. Right now, sounds like you have more time than money (like a lot of us).

I'd start off with a lead-in like " 95% rust-free or virtually rust-free Utah complete rolling chasis (has engine, needs another). Never seen salt.

Check out other auto-trader ads and E-bay ads for better wording. Five hundred beans is not asking a lot for it, you might just get your money.

Best of luck either way Burlswift

Sixlitre
 

·
Garage kept
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
I wish i had the money to loan you, I hate to see an enthusiast get rid of his bronco.
 

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
Joined
·
4,582 Posts
I have a 400 that would almost drop right into that rig, in a wagon in ND.

are you sure its a W motor? I was under the impression that the M's were put in those until 82?
 

·
Pissin' into the wind
Joined
·
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh, and I forgot to add, I have the build sheet from Ford, as well as the title.

I think I'm just about convinced, its going to go up for sale. :cry
 

·
Practicing Infidel
Joined
·
15,308 Posts
Burl Swift said:
Oh, and I forgot to add, I have the build sheet from Ford, as well as the title.

I think I'm just about convinced, its going to go up for sale. :cry
If so, add those into the E-bay ad as well. Got a friend or neighbour who could scan it for you ? A steady hand with a digital camera can also work

Sixlitre
 

·
Pissin' into the wind
Joined
·
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welp...I put it up for sale here locally...and I've already got one call on it. The guy might stop by tomorrow to look at it.
 

·
Practicing Infidel
Joined
·
15,308 Posts
Burl Swift said:
Welp...I put it up for sale here locally...and I've already got one call on it. The guy might stop by tomorrow to look at it.
best of luck, I think ?

Sixlitre
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
930 Posts
I'd buy it off you for $500...if I wasn't also in a financial bind at the moment...


What is different about the Trailer Special vs. a regular Bronco?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,133 Posts
Blaze said:
Sorry to hear dude, but guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do...
I'm with him.
Seems like way too many regulars have been selling their broncos lately... it sucks.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top