Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the bronco into the shop and I was told I needed a new distributer. I took it to my buddy and he put one in for me and the truck ran great till it got hot and now ht hesitation and knocking persist. I have been told it is the fuel pump and I have also been told that my 2 cats are bad and I have also been told that it is the throttle regulator thingie!!! Any ideas?

Thanks!:toothless

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Didja ever pull your codes? THats the beauty of these new computer operated vehicles, they'll diagnose themselves!!:thumbup WHere you at in Ga.?? maybe one of us can come take a look for ya??:shrug

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,424 Posts
If it's running bad after it gets hot you might want to take off the ignition module and have it tested. Auto Zone and Advance Auto Parts test them for free.

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Sounds to me like your friend set your timing a lil too advanced, which can cause the truck to overheat. You may want to check your timing and back it off a little.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
RLKBOB said:
If it's running bad after it gets hot you might want to take off the ignition module and have it tested. Auto Zone and Advance Auto Parts test them for free.
IF the meatheads at Auto Zone can figure how to hook it up to the tester. I tried to get my starter tested there and 3 of them couldn't figure out how to make the tester work.

·
3,420 Posts
Sounds to me like your friend set your timing a lil too advanced, which can cause the truck to overheat. You may want to check your timing and back it off a little.
This sounds right, my truck was running to advanced. After it heats up, shut it off, if it won't start but sounds like the battery is dead, it is the timing fighting the engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts