Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as my title says i don't now a thing about these things. but fell in love with the looks of a prerunner 90s Bronco. her is my question what is the best year too start with and what problems should i look out for. I currently own a Cherokee prerunner that i am trying too sell in order too get a bronco. this will bee a simple 4 seat prerunner/dd on 33 or 35 with small lift 2-3 inch front glass and tube bumpers . any help would be grate thinks :thumbup

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
i say 96 because its obd2 and makes diagnosing easier, but really, any year is a good year for an FSB

welcome to the site!

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
i like 92-96 models. all efi. thats the big thing i look for when off road. i've seen too many carbs die too many times at odd angles. there are few quirks though. the speedo is electric and if you get a 351w (5.8L) they are all auto. the 302's (5.0L)can be found in a auto and manual tranny. as stated previously 96 is OBD-II and also mass air.

·
Registered
996 Posts
95 and 96 I believe are mass air models and have the E4Od tranny.Better for DD. I would look at a 4 inch lift kit with 35,s. If you are going to be running glass it will look just right with 35,s. Also rear deavers and longer radius arms. That with some good front lift coils and some good shocks and it will ride nice and be very stout.

·
Utah Broncospeed
1996 Bronco XL, 5.0 (N), E40D, Autofab long travel susp, Race-Runners 2.5" res. (6), 35x12.50R15
186 Posts
Shoot for a '96

My BroncoSpeeder is '96 with a 302 and E4OD. Couldn't be happier. I like the OBD II, as it allows a larger ranger of engine mods without CELs.

With my '96, I took a "Stage" approach, with Stage 1 starting with a safety cage, an Autofab Long Travel TTB suspension system (using the dual 2.5" RaceRunners in F and singles in the back), 35" Goodyears on stock 10-hole Ford aluminum wheels, no glass, Mastercraft seats, Hellas, and custom built F&R pre-runner bumpers. I like it so much, that I may never get to Stage 2. :cool:

My 2009-2010 build thread here is called Utah BroncoSpeed: www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146007

Any a similar build thread over at GoFastBroncos.com is here: http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=239

These guys here taught me a LOT about doing my build correctly. Just start with a safety cage, and go from there. They are great folks. Good luck...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts