Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
I like new cars, but working at a dealer I see all the scary things that happen with them. That being said, my 2014 mustang has been fantastic, but its a BASE model car that doesn't even have bluetooth. Safety nannies get cut off with the push of a button and then its just me and the car, 400+ horsepower coyote in the front, 6 speed manual in the middle, and a trusty 8.8 out back. I've put 50k miles on that car with nothing but oil changes and putting gas in it. My friends 2014 F150 has the same engine about to roll 300K that gets driven with anger on a daily basis as a work truck, not all new stuff is junk.
Agreed. I have a '12 F150 FX4 my wife and I bought a year or so ago. It was a consignment sale. Truck was sold new to a soldier in NC. He owned it two years and put 40K miles on it. 5.0, 4WD etc. He traded it in. Old guy bought it. He put 12K miles on it in 4 years before he died. Hell we drive it a ton and it's only got maybe 55K on it. Apparently I have the super common "coolant hose o-ring that leaks when it wants to problem". Never leaks enough to go on the ground. Just a random smell of coolant now and again if you walk around the front of the truck when it's warm and you just turned it off. I've got the parts to replace all the coolant o-rings. It's so common it's ridiculous - from like 2011-2015 or so. LOL.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts