Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm up for a new set of tires i'm pretty sure you guys have tested out a bunch of different ones... i currently have 33X12.50X15's Bfg K.Os and i would like to know if anyone has found a tire that does not wear as bad as the K.O's do on the inner part of the tire?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Wears as bad? The BFG KO is an awesome wearing tire.. Perhaps check your toe end adjustment if you have irregular tire wear. In some cases if its the center wearing out then you may suffer from OVER inflation

·
Need a Bumper?
4,771 Posts
They wore out kinda funky on the inner tread I take it? I just replaced the second set of them on my Superduty that did the same thing. No it was not the alignment or the ballance just a wierd deal with the BFG on heavy trucks. The Goodyear ATS is a decent tire that will last a hell of a lot longer than the bfg. I got 70k on a set on my last Superduty. Not as good off road but much better as a daily driver. Where did you buy the Bfg's from and how many miles did you get out of them. They carry a 60,000 mile treadlife warranty. Mine only got 27,000 miles before wearing out. Took them back to Discount/ America's Tire and they credited me back a large portion of the tire purchase price for the early wear. Bought mine for $222 each and they credited back $126 each. I went with the new BFG KM 2 mud terrains but I am more worried about deep snow than I am about how long they will last.

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
i'm glad i saw this thread, i wanted to get these tires next, since they last so long on my buddy's truck, didn't think they would be that bad on a heavy truck. i'll have to look at the goodyears, how much did those run?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
A C load rated tire on a Bronco should be juuust fine for load carrying capacity , under normal driving conditions and light towing. The BFG carries [email protected] per tire.. SHouldnt be an issue unless you never rotate and haul around 7k pounds of shit all day lol

Hefty;

Were both the BFG and The Goodsmear load rated the same?

·
Need a Bumper?
4,771 Posts
Don't get me wrong I love the BFG. I don't remember what the Goodyears ran but they're prety comprable to the bfg prob a little more. I had great luck with the BFG at on my jeeps they ran forever but on the bigger trucks they don't seem to do as well on the tire wear. A friend of mine runs they on his 150 and averages about 35k on a set. I run 315's on the truck but I am always towing.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Don't get me wrong I love the BFG. I don't remember what the Goodyears ran but they're prety comprable to the bfg prob a little more. I had great luck with the BFG at on my jeeps they ran forever but on the bigger trucks they don't seem to do as well on the tire wear. A friend of mine runs they on his 150 and averages about 35k on a set. I run 315's on the truck but I am always towing.
At a wholesale level I sold pretty much every brand of tire for the last 7 years and the only issue I saw with big trucks and issues with bfg is wrong load rating on a truck. Not saying that pertains to you but I would get a guy with a 1 ton single axle Ford running some 33's or 35's at a C load rating and complain they would only get 25-30k miles or bad tire wear.. Hello smart guy, slap some Michelin's in a E load rating and get 75k miles.. lol

·
Need a Bumper?
4,771 Posts
At a wholesale level I sold pretty much every brand of tire for the last 7 years and the only issue I saw with big trucks and issues with bfg is wrong load rating on a truck. Not saying that pertains to you but I would get a guy with a 1 ton single axle Ford running some 33's or 35's at a C load rating and complain they would only get 25-30k miles or bad tire wear.. Hello smart guy, slap some Michelin's in a E load rating and get 75k miles.. lol
Sorry to dissapoint you but I'm not an idiot. LOL they were D load range. I would have gone with the E but BFG didn't make that size in that range. Besides the D range is sufficient for my 3/4 ton. Michelin doesn't make a tire in that size and they suck off road. Like I said before I really don't care about the wear I just need a tire that will perform the way I need it to. I live in the mountians in Colorado, and it's not uncommon to see 3-4 ft of snow in one day here. Like I said I bought the new mud terrains this time around. Probably wont get much more than 15k on this set but I bet they do better in the deep stuff.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Sorry to dissapoint you but I'm not an idiot. LOL they were D load range. I would have gone with the E but BFG didn't make that size in that range. Besides the D range is sufficient for my 3/4 ton. Michelin doesn't make a tire in that size and they suck off road. Like I said before I really don't care about the wear I just need a tire that will perform the way I need it to. I live in the mountians in Colorado, and it's not uncommon to see 3-4 ft of snow in one day here. Like I said I bought the new mud terrains this time around. Probably wont get much more than 15k on this set but I bet they do better in the deep stuff.
:smilie_slap

Never said you were an idiot my friend.. Was speaking about previous customers.. And yea, D should have been fine on a 3/4 ton.. Strange.

·
Need a Bumper?
4,771 Posts
I know you didn't call me an idiot. I'm meticulous on checking tire preasure, rotate every 5k, and get the truck aligned 2 times a year. The problem that I have seen with the Bfg is in the last 1/4 life of tread. I don't know if its just the way the tires flex when they are worn out that much or what but the inner tread warps on the front tires. rears wear even.

·
yes
1,769 Posts
I know you didn't call me an idiot. I'm meticulous on checking tire preasure, rotate every 5k, and get the truck aligned 2 times a year. The problem that I have seen with the Bfg is in the last 1/4 life of tread. I don't know if its just the way the tires flex when they are worn out that much or what but the inner tread warps on the front tires. rears wear even.
I have the same problem on my F-250. I think mine is because of the way i take corners though.

·
Need a Bumper?
4,771 Posts
I don't think it is driving habits, I think it is just a flaw in the tire. The guy at Discount Tire told me that without actually saying it. Didn't want to risk his job. It's happened to me twice and my friend has the same issue every time with his 150. Read the reviews on tires.com and you'll see that when the small suv guys give the ratings they are really high but when a full size gives the review a lot of them say they have the same problem. Still I ran a set of Nitto Terra Graplers and only got 16k on them so the BFG's did a lot better. I like the tire but they do wear out fast.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Interesting information

33X12.50X15

I have no idea on the mileage i bought it this march and they are doing fine pretty much just weathered really bad and was looking to replace them with a good solid tire my dad swears because he had a 74 and couldn't put anything other than michelins on it without it wearing all crazy and lasting him for a 74 pick up f100 the michelin ltx at and mts lasted him 6 years and then we sold it with half the tire lift

·
Need a Bumper?
4,771 Posts
It really just depends on your driving routine. Mostly steet, buy a tire that will wear well (michelin). Off road, buy a tire that will work great off road (MT or such) Both find a middle ground (Goodyear ATS, BFG AT, and so on) BFG's are great tires my truck just wears out anything I put on it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
my 35x12.5 BFG at's have over 50,000 miles and only 2 of them (see avitar pic) are close to the wear bars.

everyone i know who runs them with IFS has wear problems on the front inside......none for me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.