Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After lurking for a couple months here and trying to find a decent Bronoco that didn't cost $4K, I snagged me an 82 Bronco XLT for $1250.

It's rough around all the edges, and I can defintley tell that the previous owner 2 owners ago was a 17 year old ricer... Motor runs but could probably use a tune-up, electrical is a nightmare (I got no headlights), interior is well worn with a water leak coming from the windshield region, and the body is decent, with the exception of the nice gash in the rear drivers quarter. It looks like I've got a Ford 9" under the rear, a 302 under the hood, and the transmission and transfer case have to be a C6 and NP208, although I haven't been able to verify this yet. God knows how many miles it's got on the odometer since it didn't come with a 100,000 mile digit.

This is going to be a wheeling truck which for starters will probably be driven to wheeling spots. I was planning on keeping the interior intact, but since I've found out I've got a leak, I MIGHT pull the carpet out and herculine the floor. Since the electrical's in major disarray, I'm thinking about redoing all the electrical and swapping out all the gauges for autometers. I'm thinking I'm going to put 35s on it, regearing to 4.56, and either hacking the fenders (like davebmxer did) or putting 6" of lift on it. I'm not sure what all I'm doing, I could really use suggestions. Here's a link of all the pictures of this "wonderful" Bronco:
http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/crawdaddy444/bronco/

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep, the only thing that's bothering me is either the bronco or my 2WD Suburban's going to get neglected alot. For most of my weekend trips, I take the Suburban since it's comfortable, spacious, and has my radio and computer systems in it (carputers rock!). I'm thinking that the first couple of trips now will be in hte Bronco, but I'll probably go back to the Suburban, so unless I drag the bronco along on a trailer, I won't have it.. :shocked The sucky things about having too many toys...:doh0715:

·
89 Problems
2,555 Posts
dude, no worries- definitely seen worse starts. sounds like you're going the same route i am soon :D i talked to daverbmxer, he sent me a PM with a bunch of info- i'll forward it to you. it's always nice to see the problems others ran into.

·
Premium Member
9,995 Posts
Great Score Brother, looks like my color scheme if it's Tan & Red ~

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Premium Member
9,995 Posts
Nice Score Brother, looks like my color scheme if it's Tan & Red ~

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's tan and brown, and the paint doesn't appear to be in bad condition considering it's older than I am. I just got home from a quick spin around town in it and I decided to try some flex shots... By no means am I flexed out, it just so happens to be the tallest thing I could get my hands on since down in New Orleans we don't exactly have significant elevation changes.:rofl:

I don't think it has a sway bar on the front from what I can remember, but it does have a steering stabilizer on there, most probably to mask the uber-loose steering box that is still very noticable.

·
Premium Member
9,995 Posts
I like the mid 80's square style front clip........................:chili:

If you look under the hood at the end of the steering column by the frame you'll see the steering box has a lock nut and a threaded bar with a slot on top, losen the nut and turn the threaded bar a bit and see if that takes up some of the "play" in your steering for the moment ~ :doh0715:

I think it will clean up nicely Brother!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.