Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im so freakin relieved now that i have passed. took me 6 times and $1400 in repairs to pass finally!!!!!

2.23/3.00 in HC
22.95/25.00 in CO
4.40/5.50 in NOx

now i can finally get tags and go wheelin!!!!!!!!!!1:toothless :thumbup :beer :beer

·
Yup, I'm fullsize....
1,798 Posts
And I thought CA was anal about smog.......damn, that sucks that it cost so much to pass, but at least you can get tags and go wheeling.

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,880 Posts
You should have just slipped the mechanic $100 and had done with it.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MatthewC said:
You should have just slipped the mechanic $100 and had done with it.

I would of but there is a large sign that says:

" Any person offering a bribe shall be punished under AZ State Laws" or something like that. Some of that 1400 was for a new windshield, brakes, and some steering bullshit too, though. Damn I'm just glad I passed.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Damn, that's a bunch! Looks like you didn't pass by a large margin either.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dustin said:
holy shit what did they replace?

hell i could have fixed it for waaaaaaaay less than that

moms made me take it too a dealership, so the labor kicked my ass.

replace windshield

bleed brakes, new brake booster, MC, brake vacuum lines

new draglink(old one was ****ed up from mud bogging) new camber bushing, alignment

and i think they put in a new steering box buz my steering is a hell of alot better.

and they also put all new emissions vacuum lines on it. TAD, EGR, and all that other shat.

i dont think it was too bad, the bill was 991.98 or something so basically a G. And I did alot of other shit to it which cost alot also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
a little denatured alcohol goes a long way

I dump a quart of denatured alcohol in the fuel tank before emission testing... works for my 67 Mustang (hot rod) and the 92 Bronco... the denature alcohol makes for a complete combustion...
Bob

·
green ones make me horny
11,152 Posts
Damn i am glad im in Floriduh. No emissions here, but i aint really all the worried if there were i keep my truck at peak performance, well as long as it aint making the usual noises....lol

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
back from the dead.....

its not that hard to pass az emissions. pretty simple actually. if your truck is running correctly and your fuel systems holds pressure your set.

·
Registered
525 Posts
i agree with dustin i havent had a problem with emissions and i know that my truck. but then again i am from Yuma.

·
Registered
252 Posts
man, you should have just registered your bronco here in New Mexico. NM has one of the least restrictive emissions requirements in the county. We also have very unrestrictive laws regarding preety much anything else, car related or not.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts