Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Guys I flipped Mr Ranger Friday night. I want to pick it up from the towing company.
It spent 2 hours sitting on its side, I need to know what to check before cranking it and driving it home.

I know to check the following.
Engine oil
transmision fluid
transfer case fluid
rear axle gear oil

Did I miss anything.

Iwill post before and after pictures tomorow.

And the sad thing is that it was on pavment:banghead
:twak :mad: It was not even offroad.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
94 XLT BRONCO said:
Thats what I was thinking. Probebly embarrasing.

How did I flip it. Easy, I looked to my left, at my wife and said QUICK, TURN IN HERE.

and she did just what i asked. Only inertia did not agree with my decision or my wifes actions.

I origanaly bout Mr. Ranger for her, as a Graduation present.
see below for the only known picture of here and the truck, taken the day I gave it to her.

After two years I ended up buying her a Explorer and I drove Mr. Ranger as my daily driver to keep miles of the Bronco.

So for now the Bronco is going to haf to be my daily driver.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:mad: :banghead :mad: :banghead :mad: :mad: :banghead :mad: :mad: :mad: :banghead :banghead :banghead :mad: :banghead :banghead :banghead :mad:

State Farm wants to total it.:mad: :mad: :banghead :banghead You have got to be kidding me:mad: :mad: :banghead :banghead :mad: :mad:

I pay for full coverage on Mr. ranger, The Bronco, The Mustang, The explorer, the Honda and liability on the 72 Chevrolete
And homeowners insurance thrue them.

They say the truck is only worth 1,300.00 they are crazy.

Some one said if they total it I can use the mony to by it back and then pay out of my own pocket to fix it.

I cant pay out of my own pocket, I'm to poor from paying insurance.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

They didnt even want to look at it they just said since its a 89 they would total it. I hade to argue with them just to get it to a body shop for an estenate.

Think about how much mony I have given state farm since the last accident claim we had in 1994.

:mad: aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaa:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The body shop has not given an estimate yet. But itle be somwere around 3 to 5 thousand dallors.

Way more than what state farm says the truck is worth.

I mean think about it $1,300.00 minus my 500 dollor deductable is $800.00

WTF am I supposed to do with $800.00 buy a bicycle.

This ranger has a 4" procomp lift, new paint, new spray in bedliner, diamond plate tool box, 32X11.50 bfg mud terains,
american racing autlaw II rims, a lockright and a new transmision.

Think about it. What if it was my Bronco, you know my babie ive had since i was 16, witch was 11 years ago. I have personaly spent around $15,000.00 on it since I was 16, and the Bronco itself was given to me. What if they wanted to total my Bronco becouse it had 3 grand of damage.......

It's bad enough that its the Ranger.

:mad: :mad: :banghead AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH:mad: :banghead :mad:

I cant belive this, I am actually so mad i am fisicaly shaking.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I feel you pain and understand. But unfortunately thats how the Ins works, If the repair cost is that much higher than the book value they of course are not going to pay out the repairs. And also the mods don't matter that much to book value...
Take the money you can get and fix it your self finding used parts, etc.. :shrug

·
Registered
156 Posts
the truck still looks drivable to me. buy it back and repair it a little at a time. from the looks of it, I know that you take great pride in your truck and you don't want to drive around in a damaged truck, but you you can get the truck repaired or sell it yourself for something else (like a bronco!) good luck, and keep the wheels on the ground.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Gacknar said:
This ranger has a 4" procomp lift, new paint, new spray in bedliner, diamond plate tool box, 32X11.50 bfg mud terains,
american racing autlaw II rims, a lockright and a new transmision.
as far as i know that means diddly to insurance companies, which is a load of crap. insurance companies are the lowest form of people imaginable.

i'm sure you don't need 6 cars either, especially since you are 27. sell one or two of them and switch insurance companies.

·
College User
2,013 Posts
teufelhunden said:
... sell it yourself for something else (like a bronco!) good luck, and keep the wheels on the ground.
If you buy it back you will have a salvage title meaning you can only sell it for parts and cannot be registered. I hear ya but it is worth that much or less. At auction that is, had a guy sell his 91 ranger xlt, custom paint, 32x11.5x15, like a 4-5 in lift on it for 900$, diamond plate toollbox, cb, etc. Was a manual put that has little effect on the price of that old a truck. You would be best to buy it back, and make it an offroad only rig.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
but a door on it, a taillight on it, and call it freaking good.
let them total it, give you $800, you pay $300 for it back, and spend the 500 on repaining your new door.

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
:stupid and body work is not realy that hard just alot of drilling and hammering and so on if ya have any questions I can give a link to my body work post that I need to update later on tonight.:thumbup

1 - 20 of 35 Posts