Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got myself my christmas present early tonight, a Nikon - CoolPix 3100

It's a 3.1 megapixel. I got it for 99 bucks b/c I signed up for a 2 year digi pic printing program. Basically I pay 20 a month and I can print 25 pics and if I don't use the alloted pics for the month, they roll over. It is a pretty good thing for me b/c I have a lot of relatives that don't have computers and this will be an easy way to send them pics. I will try to get pics with it tomorrow. :beer

·
Registered
519 Posts
me and the girlfriend have been looking at one of these for quite some time, Id love that one. I never heard of that program before I'll have to see if I can find something like that. I think costco wants 400 for one, way to much for booty pics :whip

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
400 bucks?! dang... check this action out - http://www.wolfcamera.com/webapp/wc...Id=-1&productId=13075851&catTemplate=13001422

I'll be interested to see the pictures from this camera... this is the same one I've been eyeballing for a little while now. I don't know if that program is a good thing for you or not, Nathan... that camera just cost you $580. Figure that against buying the camera outright, and the cost to print however many pictures you think you'd have done in those two years

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The program is avalible at any Ritz or Wolf Camera. I think it will probably be pretty good for me considering the prints are usually 50-75 cents a piece and I will more than likely use all 25 a month.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
$400 isn't to bad really. I paid $600 for mine. 4 megapix, video(which kinda sucks). Things been dropped in the mud to many times to count but it works every time.

·
Prettier Than You
862 Posts
Nathaniel said:
I think it will probably be pretty good for me considering the prints are usually 50-75 cents a piece and I will more than likely use all 25 a month.
There's samples of the kind of pictures it takes
here.

As far as that program goes: well, I'd have to agree with davids78, though it all depends on what you're looking. You could have bought the camera out right and saved money printing the pictures by using one of the photo printing services like Shutterfly. Shutterfly's prints, at their most expensive, are $.39 a piece for 4x6. At 25 a month, that's $9.75, or a total cost of $234 over two years, which total with everything is only about $50 bucks cheaper.

However, where you really save is in the case of Shutterfly's prepaid packages. Now they have packages where you pay $100 bucks and get 400 prints ($.25 a print) .... so if you spend $200 bucks, you get 800 pictures, 200 more than you do on the Ritz program, and you're still spending $80 bucks less for the entire setup (camera and pictures).

Shipping is cheap ($1.50 or 2 bucks) and turnaround time to get them to you is like 3 days. Of course, it's all perspective - if you don't have five hundred bucks to put out right away, then the payment plan is a bit more effective, especially when you only paid $99 bucks for that decent of a camera. Sometimes I'd rather put more out in the long run if I just can't afford it right now. :toothless

Of course, one of the best series of cameras I've ever seen as far as quality of pictures go is the Canon Powershot G3 through G5 series. Talk about some gorgeous pictures!

·
user title
2,211 Posts
My dad and I just got an HP 735 from office max for my ma for Chirstmas. It's a 3.3(ish) megapixel has a 3x optical and a 5x digital zoom. It was $199.99 then we got a free 64mb card for it. Turned out to be a pretty good deal. It wasn't the camera we went into get initially, but it worked out pretty well.

I'll post some pics from it after Chirstmas.

:beer
Bill
HP 735

1 - 9 of 9 Posts