Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my bronco out last week and i was going down the road it started to cut out and it kept shifting out of overdrive. The it started idleing high about 1500 rpms so i started to head home and the problem seemed to clear on its own.
Yesterday i cranked it and it started the high idle again so i pulled codes and found a vacuum problem so i got the broken lines fixed and i still had the same problem. I just went out and pulled codes again and i get 122 and 998 i havent actually tested the tps voltage i just want to get some advice before i get started. Should i try and adjust the tps or replace it? I cant find alot of info
on code 998 any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just went and checked my tps voltage and on the green wire i get .71 volts closed throttle and 3.0 volts wide open throttle and 5.0 volts on the red wire.
The voltage is way off I will be changing the tps hopefully tomorrow.

·
a renegade of funk
3,241 Posts
I just went and checked my tps voltage and on the green wire i get .71 volts closed throttle and 3.0 volts wide open throttle and 5.0 volts on the red wire.
The voltage is way off I will be changing the tps hopefully tomorrow.
it sounds like your tps is getting correct voltage
you have source voltage(5v) then ground, and i want to say power but i could very well be wrong. but keep in mind you could also have flat spots in the tps causing your issue

i would read up on testing it before replacing it:thumbup

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought the tps voltage on closed throttle should be .95 and 5.0 full throttle.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didnt check resistance i figured it was bad with the voltage being so far off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.