Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hopes and dreams of being out of the army got crapped on today. I got orders calling me back to active duty for a tour in iraq. Gotta report to Ft. Jackson by May 9th. I'm the 13th person from my old battalion to get recalled this week. It will be good for me though, nice tax free paychecks!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Ooooooh, just in time for the heat! :histerica

See ya soon.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,511 Posts
Keep your head on a swivel, and stay hydrated. We don't want a desiccated soldier coming back to us! And that's the other thing--you are coming back to us!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ft Jackson is about 15 min from me. Its where I did basic as well, talk about a bummer bro. But good luck over there, keep your head down and moving. Plus a few extra bucks always helps out

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like I'm gunna be with some unit with the utah national guard.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I only wish i wasn't going with some national guard sleepy marvin brigade. I've spent the last 4 years doing nothing but intel work with the nsa, and I really don't want to teach these guys how things work. Hopefully they've done some good training/deployed before. No offense to those in the guard intended.

·
Super Moderator
25,833 Posts
Be well and safe friends!

·
Registered
462 Posts
be safe...and thank you for your service....

·
FSM Lifetime
2,238 Posts
When you leave, take a shit load of water bottles if you can. I think it was here that I read they were having trouble getting water and food to the troops. Good luck man!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's not what I wanted to hear!

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
so how long you been out for? whats your mos? total suck man, they get you with the whole "inactive reserve" thing? god luck back in the box.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so how long you been out for? whats your mos? total suck man, they get you with the whole "inactive reserve" thing? god luck back in the box.
I've only been out 3 months. All 4 years I've been active I spent the whole time in Texas and they deploy me now! I'm a 35n SIGINT Analyst.

·
Enjoy my
6,055 Posts
Watch your six and get back home safe!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts