Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah so, after i got out of the gym i went to the back of the parking lot to cause some mischeif. My cousin and i were kicking up snow in the back in this snow covered park. the snow plow had plowed the parking lot so it had a wall of hard snow around it. i worked my way over the wall maybe 5 feet tall. as i got through it, it was fine. my cousin had a TJ (wrangler), so i like for mine to be kinda pretty while he is driving like 15 or 20 mph through this wall. i figured i dont need to go that fast. So i make it half way through. i get stuck and some of the guys, that work at this gym, come and call the cops and suspend my membership. Only my rear driver side tire and my passenger front tire were spinning. I want to fix that. I WANT "4 WHEEL DRIVE", Hell if the tire on the tire rack could spin i would want it to too.

Some one help me out.

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
well stop doing illegal stuff and that wouldnt happen to you. you ever wonder why there is hardly anymore places to wheel at legally? how old are you? some peoples kids

·
Registered
419 Posts
first off, many people here will bash you for what you did...im not going to. one of your options is to have a limited slip installed in the front diff, and a locker in the rear. now this isnt going to be cheap either, for those two items, youre going to be spending 1000-2000 for parts and labor. others will chime in on how else to do it.
Tim

·
Registered
538 Posts
You better put on your flame coat.

·
Bitchin.
1,871 Posts
dum dum... no more curb jumpin for you. lockers are the only way to go. but if you dont know where to use them, i'd suggest a shopping cart, some drunk friends, and a video camera. get going 15mph in the cart, and try to make it over the wall..:thumbup

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks, well i didnt get a ticket. the cop said that because i am a veteran he will let me slide, but dont let it happen again. He told me some places. I have asked around and no one knows anywhere around here. He is the first one to give me some advise on where to go, he even told me where to go that wasnt legal, but i could get away with it. I will just wait for the extra advise

Now i am a very passive guy but i must ask The imlikeojnow guy. how old are you. I am 23 if it even matters

He with out sin throw the first rock. or something like that.

I am not religous but i know what that means. Have you ever done anything illegal? if you say no i will call you a liar and say shut up, but thats about it.

I am not from around here so i couldnt find anywhere to go and i didnt think that was going to happen if i was in Georgia it would be different

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Now i am a very passive guy but i must ask The imlikeojnow guy. how old are you. I am 23 if it even matters
im 30 years old.

Have you ever done anything illegal? if you say no i will call you a liar and say shut up, but thats about it.
The question you should ask is, have I ever wheeled illegally or anywhere illegal. Then your answer is no.

The whole point in my post is to get the point across that you should nto wheel in parking lots where there is a snow bank, or private property, or basically where you are not alowwed too. To be honest with not being from around there is really no excuse you can find a local 4x4 club on the net and ask around that way.

As fro the gym taking your membership that is BS

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imlikeojnow said:
As fro the gym taking your membership that is BS
yeah i agree,

Oh that was definatly my first and last time tho. but i do want lockers in the rear and limited slip in the front now, but abaddriver says upwards of 2 grand. WOW!!! i normally do all of my own work/ how hard is it to make these swaps. because he also said that was with labor.

·
Administrator
22,845 Posts
Cooter Bleu "Cajun" said:
yeah i agree,

Oh that was definatly my first and last time tho. but i do want lockers in the rear and limited slip in the front now, but abaddriver says upwards of 2 grand. WOW!!! i normally do all of my own work/ how hard is it to make these swaps. because he also said that was with labor.
go with something equivalent to an aussie locker and the install is pretty simple.

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
yeah i agree,

well that is good that it is your first and last time. see the way you made it sound is that you wanted a locker to do it again and get away with it.

as far as 2 grand. no like redwagon said get an aussie locker. the 1-2 grand thing is for a complete rebuild of your axles.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i should have taken pictures, but it was no mud, so it would have been a clear yet unimpressive picture. IMO

Oh i am sorry that i made it seem like i would be doing that again. and i was searching the forums and i found i can get an aussie for the front for around 230 dollars, and i am looking for the best streetable one for the rear that is still good for offroad.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Locker front and rear, 4X4 noob, at best 4X4 means 2 wheel drive. Noob.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
another valuable thread. Is it just me or do things slow down hear come winter as far as decent posts? I couldn't understand why people got all bent out of shape with a few questions that were posted, then I saw damagers vid on searching. Damn that is a good video.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Myfullsize i am a noob. but i do still have a Bronco

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Ya'll know that if he posted up a sweet pic of his Bronco on top of a 12 foot snow pile in the Wal-Mart parking lot you wouldn't have bashed him. Like everyone else said, lock it and wheel where it's legal, it'll save you a hell of a lot of money in the end, some of the guys on here can elaborate on that. Good luck with it and keep us posted

PS: Remember to carry a digital with you whenever you plan to do something dumb next.

Keith
~Houston, TX

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Myfullsize i am a noob. but i do still have a Bronco
Its okay buddy, I had to jerk your chain a little. :toothless But seriously, 4X4 doesnt mean true 4X4 unless your fully locked. And soon enough, that big beast will beat you down like a ex-wife, it does all of us sooner or later. :popc1: I miss my Bko, but I dont miss the TTB.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts