Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got stuck...

Yes I know I get the numb nuts award for today.
Ok, so I was hanging out with some friends and we decided to go wheelin in this big water-treatment mud pit. There were some tracks in it already so I figured i'd be fine. THe first few donuts went fine with good traction, then I decided to do a hill climb prety much from a dead stop. Took about a foot to realize I wasn't going anywhere. we tried everything, rocks, wood, calling friends, nothing worked. It was getting late so we called it a night. I was gonna go first thing in the morning but my ride totally flaked out and next thing I knew a cop was at my door askin if I'd lost something. The cop was cool about it, gave me the numbers of the owner talked to my parents, etc... My dad and I met the owner out there later that day (today) and he said to re-grade the surface and get it re-certified will cost around $7500. We got the bronco out with a tow truck, wasn't too hard.

I guess I can come up with the money somehow, but what I'm pissed about is the fact that people go wheelin in there all the time, and all their tracks, beer cans, and trash got blamed on me.

I'll keep all you posted on what develops.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
I'm always nervous about wheeling on property that I dont know all the details about. I'd guess this will be a good lesson for you. Sorry dude but I bet it said no trespassing somewhere odds are you won't ignore the sign next time.

·
Registered
621 Posts
that guy is probably charging you for all the land where everyone else wheels too. and to pick up all the shit left over, sucks that you got the shaft. good piece of advice-- wheel with some capable buddies-- first hand experience talking here.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there were no signs there, you owner admitted that. I went through an unlocked gate.

next time definatly wheelin with some capable buddies.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Late Model Man said:
there were no signs there, you owner admitted that. I went through an unlocked gate.

next time definatly wheelin with some capable buddies.

If it doesnt say no trespassing you might not be as responsible for the damage but I dont know

·
Registered
176 Posts
Lawyer gonna cost you a lot less than 7500, bro... Go hire a good one. No signs, hope you said "I'm sorry, the gate was open when I got there so I figured it was ok..."

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
:twak thats for wheeling illegally. now, go back (dont go in) and look for signs anywhere. take pics, maybe the owner will drop some of the charges if there are no clearly visible signs

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
What the hell do you need signs for? My yard doesnt say no trespassing, but Id be alittle pissed if someone came in and decided to do some donuts on it. Dont know if that will buy you anything or not.

I cant say that I've never illeagly wheeled, but I don't anymore. Hope everything turns out ok. What does the re-cert do?

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
he was just waiting for some one to get stuck out there so he could charge someone the fees to get it re surfaced and certified cause that is expensive to get done, sewage places have certain codes they need keep up with and keeeping everything graded so shit dont get stuck is one of them im sure. but yea go take pics now before he puts signs up, if the property looked abandoned and there where no signs you shold be able to get away with it.
or if he is blameing you for all the tire tracks go take a video of the shape of your treads and then find ones in the mud that obviously arent yours, if you can prove you arent responsible for all the damage you shouldnt have to pay for it all either

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
You deserve everything you get asshole.

"There were no signs, the gate was unlocked" "I'm getting charged for cleaning up other peoples' beer cans.":cry :cry Cry me phuckin river. You knew it was wrong, you got caught. Now you know how legal wheelers feel when lands are closed because people trashed them. Or the only good places to wheel are pay to play. You obviousy don't care because all your worried about is wheeling with more capable people. Maybe if you wheeled where you were allowed, there would have been other rigs there to get you out.

Pay the $7500, you contributed to the mess and got caught. Do the right thing. :twak

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
bnkrtstk said:
You deserve everything you get asshole.

"There were no signs, the gate was unlocked" "I'm getting charged for cleaning up other peoples' beer cans.":cry :cry Cry me phuckin river. You knew it was wrong, you got caught. Now you know how legal wheelers feel when lands are closed because people trashed them. Or the only good places to wheel are pay to play. You obviousy don't care because all your worried about is wheeling with more capable people. Maybe if you wheeled where you were allowed, there would have been other rigs there to get you out.

Pay the $7500, you contributed to the mess and got caught. Do the right thing. :twak
tell him how you really feel.

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
bnkrtstk said:
Even a left wing commie scumbag like you can find fault in his actions. :goodfinge
tell me how you really feel. :goodfinge :toothless

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Perhaps you may re-read the Tread Lightly credo?

·
crank trigger
8,158 Posts
obviously, you knew it was private property. but, if there were no keep out signs and there was evidence that others did some wheeling in there then maybe you should fight the $7500. The officer probably did not give you a tresspassing ticket for a reason. i am also suspicious that he is trying to take advantage of you.

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
It's the guys property, you said yourself it was a treatment pond. Pay the man to fix his property, and consider yourself lucky for not having Johnny Law involved in this whole mess. Yeah everyone else might have wheeled in there, but you got stuck, and got caught. You were the last guy sittin at the table, so you get stuck with the bill.

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
... and the moral of this story is???

Don't wheel where you ain't supposed to... especially a water treatment plant for god's sake. Those places are looked at and inspected by the health department... jeez... :duh :twak

In a lot of ways, I have to agree with bnkrtstk, he has quite a few good, legitimate points. I'm not going to be judgemental here, but, you knew right from wrong... :whiteflag :doh0715:

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Why in the hell does a property owner need to post signs to keep out? If you don't own the land, and don't have permission to be there, STAY THE HELL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offer to do some of the clean up yourself to show him you're not the dim-witted ass that you appear to be. Or offer to get estimates to have it regraded and certified. Maybe he'll cut you some slack. But to hire a lawyer and make him pay to defend himself after you defaced his land if bullshit.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Sell your rig, pay the bill and go buy a Geo Metro or a tuner.... Azzhats like you need to stay off the trails while we still have a few left. You phucked up, now be a man about it and take care your responsibilty. Someone else suggested this.. Offer to do the cleanup your self to save a few bucks, go out there and pick up all the trash, help him get it done.. If you hire a lawyer and force him to defend himself against you then you are a bigger shithead than you appear to be....

Man-up and take care of this...

Just my 2cents---Fog

·
Registered
136 Posts
Water Treatment!?:shocked I been to one, you don't want to know what goes on before the water is cleaned. Unless you can imagine.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts