Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

I got the shakes !

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  deejay 
#1 ·
I just bought this 82 bronco I replaced the front bearings and all the balljoints. and sometimes when i am driving and hit a bump the front end will start shaking like crazy and wont stop till i slow down. I am running 35s is this a result of not havn a steering stableizr?

#2 ·
The dreaded death wobble is a royal PITA to diagnose. But when I suddenly had it, I discovered that the bolts on my lift bracket for the driver side axle housing had worked loose & wallowed out the holes. You need to check everything, and I do mean everything, that has to do with the front suspension.

#4 ·
One common cause of death wobble is worn TTB pivot bushings. A PITA to replace, but just one more thing to check. Do a search for "death wobble", I bet you'll find more threads on the subject than you'll care to read.

And one more thing, post up some pics of your Bronco so I can recognize you when you're tooling around Charlotte.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.