Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made some headway on the tune yesterday.....well Core tuning did I just drove this dang thing.

When pulling out and accelerating it would pull hard to 4k at idle 4500....when stomping on it when it got to 2500 it would cough and sputter like mad, I could ease up on it it would smooth out....

The spark datalog shows bad oscillations....like a sin wave....thoughts?

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,725 Posts
Some specs would help...

I built a 94 351 up with pistons, cam, heads, intake, etc and it pulled all the way past redline, no issues. That was on the factory tune.

Reactions: bsd4083

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am figuring out it's the MSD billet ready to run. I've got a stock distributor that I'll install and let you know. If that cures the spark oscillation...

Yeah they are pretty good about calling and emailed me an updated tune today...

·
Registered
362 Posts
I too has a prob with MSD stuff. Went back to OEM Dizzy,Coil and tfi. I did add a groubd wire to the coil mounting point.
I had to remove the Punisher parts. The upshifts were so hard that in broke many parts. I did talk/email Paul he said to send it back and would check it out

Also remember you will need 2 tunes.

Anybody that needs help with core tuning needs to talk with the sales manager. Adam is great. He is very busy and you may have to wait for your ture...Well worth the wait

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Adam rocks....the Bronco is pulling strong...fuel is ok but I do have 60's coming.

The remote tune by Adam was first rate. He took a lot of time to explain and there is some fine tuning to do but the mechanical issues I fixed the tuning issues he fixed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts