Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard back from the mechanic doing the State inspection of the Bronco before I can put tags on it.

Heres the list of things it needs fixed:

+Power Steering Belt

+Muffler & Tailpipe

+Driver Seat (he says the back twists when you sit in it, I never noticed anything wrong with it, I think hees insane, or maybe he broke it himself)

+Wiper Blades

+Rear Brake Hoses

+Engine Mounts

+Windshield (says it has a big scratch, which I dont remember it having)

+Interior Mirror (I have no idea what's wrong with it)

+E-Brake Cables

I hate this crap!

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Go West young man! Go West! But not too far because California is starting/done got to be just as bad. :D

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Move to Texas ours is like $12 and if someone says you need some crazy crap like that fixed you take it somewhere else and the next person will be like it all looks fine.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
or move to michigan we have no inspections. nobody cares about anything wrong with cars. we just drive em.

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
LOL at brownbronco. no ones cares what shape your car is or how much pollution you are pumping out.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
everymorning when i start the beast up when the choke is on black chunks shoot out my exhaust pipe. smells great. cats are gutted with a glasspack. and nobody cares.

·
TTB for short
2,189 Posts
Take it somewhere else dude, I've worked around MD state inspectors before and they defanetly don't have to be so anal as to fail you on a scratched windshield and a belt. That bastard's just trying to get your money. 75 bucks for an honest inspector is a lot cheaper than a new windsheild. Tell that guy to kiss your ass and take it to somebody else.:thumbup

·
Registered
463 Posts
yea MD sucks alright. not to mention the lack of places to offroad.

my dad knows an inspector so a few things are overlooked.;)

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
Wow, MD does suck. Sounds like Australia's safety inspections.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Some shit like that happened to me 3 weeks ago and they find toooooo much thing illegal or used the bone it would have cost me too much to keep it

I had to get rid of it

Now i drive a F****NG Hyundai Accend GS 1,5 L 92 HP 155/80/13 tires it,s reallllllly not my choice
I had to choose to drive this S*** or to ride my 21 spd Bike

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Definately go elsewhere and don't darken his doors again

Let him know you know it's a cash grab on his part "and you'll tell 10 people, and they'll tell ten people and so on and so on, etc.

Don't make his Christmas for him, pay the $75.00 and leave P.O.d and let him know it.

Sixlitre

p.s./
Who'se wearing the pants down there anyway, the taxpayer or the government ?

Can't toss stones anymore, 25 years after most American states started emission testing Ontario has finally picked up the torch and is burning our backsides with it. As I understand it, many enlightened (honest) states have ceased doing the testing.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
We don't have inspections here but in CA and CO I would never leave the shop and wait for a call back. Stand there and walk through the inspection with the guy.

If they won't let you then find another shop!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Inspections in CO

Inspections in CO are interesting. Betty passes emissions with flying colors... and like others have said, they're talking about eliminating emissions tests - too many people pass it too easily (vehicles are built with better emissions).

Its stupid to have a body inspection.

Good luck - you have any relatives in another state out there that could register you?

·
Registered
14 Posts
MD definetly sucks for that stuff. I believe they honor northern VA inspections. Call them and tell em you are moving to VA temporarily for work and ask if they will except the inspection from there. I know they except the emissions testing from here in VA as my camaro is registered in MD and I live in alexandria. I can probably hook you up with a easy going shop if you can find that info out.

Good luck

1 - 20 of 21 Posts